Tip: With a pocket on the front for your personal greeting and a pocket on the inside for a gift card, this greeting card does double-duty!
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cut it to 5” x 5 3/4”. Cover the front with the gold diamonds border paper with the border on the left. Remove the tag from the bag and cut the bottom 2” off the bag. Set the bottom aside for step 7.
- On the top portion of the bag, fold 1/2” to the back along the bottom edge. Glue to secure, forming a short pocket. Glue the bag to the card front, 1/2” from the lower edge.
- Use the border system and punch to make a punched tree border in the ivory dots paper. Cut it to 1 3/4” wide. Cut two 5” x 1/2” strips of gold paper and glue one to extend from under each long edge on the border, creating matted edges. Glue the border across the card front, 3/4” from the lower edge.
- Cut a 4 3/4” length of the Dazzles lights border and adhere it near the upper edge of the dots border, positioning it as shown. Repeat with the tree border, cutting a 4 7/8” length and adhering it along the bottom edge of the dots border.
- For the tag: Cut the tag to 3 3/4” tall. Round the lower corners. Cover the front with the gold dots paper. Cut a 1” x 4” strip of the striped paper and glue it vertically near the left edge of the tag. Trim the ends even with the tag edges. Adhere the tall Dazzles tree over the stripe and add a star at the top.
- Cut out the “Happy Holidays” and the stamp art. Mat both on ivory, then glue them to the tag as shown. Add two star Dazzles to the word art and a small tree below it as shown. Position the 3/4” x 5/8” square Dazzles at the top edge. Fold the ribbon in half, then secure it with a gold star brad.
- For the inside: Cut a 4 1/2” x 5” piece of the large circles paper and mat it on ivory. Glue it centered on the inside back. Use the circle punch to punch a half-circle thumb notch along the center top edge of the bag bottom from step. Glue the bag to the inside back.
- Make a tree border from ivory paper, 4 1/2” x 1 1/4”. Glue it across the bag and add the remaining Dazzles borders as shown. Cut out “Merry Christmas” and mat it on ivory. Add two star Dazzles to it, then glue it to the inside back near the top. Insert a gift card into this pocket.