Tip: Try making this fun card in red and green tones for a more traditional look. Decorate the paper seams with Dazzles borders in place of the pearls and ribbons for more glitz and shine.
- For the card front: With the fold on the side, cut the card to 4 1/2” x 6 1/2”. Cut a 4 1/4” x 6 1/4” piece of the blue/purple border paper and glue it centered on the card front. Trace the tree base pattern and cut it from white paper.
- Trace and cut the remaining tree patterns from various pastel papers. From top to bottom, I used green diamond dots, pastel stripes, green scribble dots, pink small dots, blue circles, and green diamond dots. Beginning at the top, place the pieces on the base, overlapping edges. Glue them in place.
- Cut lengths of ribbon, rickrack, pearls, and crystals and glue them to cover the paper seams. Trim the ends even with the paper edge. Mat the triangular tree on white. Add a pink star brad at the top, flattening the ends behind the tree base.
- Cut the trunk from lavender and mat it on white. Glue the trunk and tree centered on the card front. Add a pink rhinestone to the star center.
- For the inside: Print the card quote on white paper. Use the aqua chalk to color the white letters and to chalk the edges.
- Mat the quotes on the green diamonds paper and the blue/purple border paper, varying the widths as shown. Glue both to the inside, positioning them as shown. In a well-ventilated area, spray the card front and the inside with the glitter spray. Let dry completely