Tip: As an alternative, you could stamp the sentiments in the red areas of the striped piece. The sentiments would be spaced farther apart, but would be great alternating with the checked stripes.
- For the card front: Place the card fold at the top. Cut a piece of the red snowflakes paper to fit the card front, but don’t glue it yet. Cut a 3” x 4” piece of the matching stripes, ink the edges, and mat it on tan texture. Glue it vertically to the snowflakes piece, 1/2” from the left end.
- Stamp “Merry Christmas” and “Season’s Greetings” repeatedly across a 5 1/2” x 3 1/2” area of the tan textured paper. Cut it to 4 1/4 x 2 1/2” and ink the edges. Mat it on red texture, then on ivory texture. Glue it across the front piece, 3/4” from the bottom edge and ½” from the right edge.
- Use the border system to punch a 7 1/2” long border from the red textured paper. Cut it to 7/8” wide and mat it on tan textured paper. Ink the edges, then glue it across the snowflake piece, 1 1/4” from the lower edge. Trim the ends.
- Wrap a 6” length of the dark red twill vertically over all the pieces 1 1/4” from the left end. Glue the ends at the back. Glue the constructed front to the blank card front.
- Cut out “Merry Christmas” art and mat it on ivory. Ink the edges, then add foam tape to the back. Adhere it to the border as shown. Cut out the “Happy” and “Holidays” tags. Glue them to the twill as shown. Knot a 4” piece of the twill, trim the ends, and glue it over the upper tag as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 5” x 3 1/2” piece of the ivory snowflakes paper and ink the edges. Create a 3 1/2” long punched and matted border as before. Glue it near the left end of the ivory snowflakes piece, then glue the piece centered on the inside back. Cut out the sentiment and ink the edges. Mat it on red textured paper, ink the edges, and glue it next to the border as shown.