- For the card front: With the fold at the top, trim the card to 6 1/2” x 4 1/2”. Cut a piece of the stars/hearts stripe to fit the front. Ink the edges, but don’t glue it yet.
- Cut a 4” x 1 7/8” piece of the woven green paper and ink the edges. Stamp “’tis the season” positioned 3/4” from the right end. Mat it with 1/4” edges on ivory dots paper and ink the edges.
- Cut a 1 1/4” x 3” strip of the red paper and scallop one long edge. Ink the scalloped edge. On the back, mark the center of the strip, then fold the left side in and down along that center line. Repeat with the right side to make a triangular corner. Cut a 3” strip of the candy canes and ink the edges. Glue it to the front of the triangular corner, then fold the ends to the back and glue them to secure. Slip this corner over the lower right corner of the sentiment and glue the strips in place on the back of the sentiment.
- Cut a 1 3/4” x 4 1/2” piece of the ivory dots paper and ink the edges. Cut a 1” x 4 1/2” piece of the red woven paper and cut one long edge with the scalloping scissors. Ink the ends and the scalloped edge. Glue it to extend from under the right edge of the ivory dots piece. Stamp the swirl on the ivory dots, then add a small red button brad in the center of the stamped flower.
- Position the ivory strip along the left end of the card, but don’t glue it yet. Slip the sentiment under it and mark the positions. Glue the sentiment in place first, then glue the ivory strip.
- Stack a 1 1/4” ivory poinsettia on top of a 2 1/4” burgundy poinsettia. Secure them with a small red button brad. Use a glue dot to secure the flower as shown.
- For the inside: Cut out a 5 1/4” x 3 1/4” piece of the red woven paper, ink the edges and glue it centered on the inside back. Cut a 6 1/2” x 1 1/2” strip of the stripes, ink the edges and glue it centered across the red piece.
- Cut out the sentiment and ink the edges. Repeat the front layout, this time using a 1” wide strip of red woven for the corner and a 7/8” wide strip of the ivory dots. When the sentiment piece is constructed, glue it centered on the red piece.