Designer Tip: Use 3-D crystal lacquer to make the embellishments shine.
- Card adjustments: Open your card and place face down with the fold line horizontal. Score a line 2 1/2” from the bottom edge and mountain fold. Unfold and close your card.
- Card front: Place your card with the original fold on the top. Use the 1/2” corner chompers on all four corners of your card.
- Cover a 6 1/2”x5” white cardstock with suede and chomp the corners. Chomp the corners of a 6”x4 1/2” dot vellum and Zot™ on your card center. Place scallop border Dazzles™ around the edges of the vellum and tiny dot border Dazzles™ around the edges of the suede. Glue the suede/vellum panel to the bottom section of your card face, so that it will still mountain fold.
- From the “Pretty Rose Spray” die-cut sheet, pop out the oval butterfly panel, the butterfly and the flower stacking die-cuts. Remove any paper nibs with your fingernail. Slightly curve the smaller pieces with your fingers to give them dimension. Place them on the craft sheet and spread the crystal lacquer over each piece with a paint brush. Apply the lacquer to parts of the flowers on the oval panel. Let dry.
- Pop out the coordinating foiled oval aperture panel. Pop out the oval center and set the aperture panel aside. Cut the large and small butterflies out of the panel and apply crystal lacquer as in step-4. Pop out the coordinating oval folding card die-cut, and cut along the joining fold line, saving one panel for later. Cut the pink bow out of the other panel, apply crystal lacquer and let dry.
- Foam tape the butterfly and the flower die-cuts over the same images on the saved oval butterfly panel. Glue the panel on the center of the saved folding card panel, Zot™ the dome on the center, then glue the foiled oval aperture panel on top. Cut off the bottom of the panels, leaving a 1/4” border around the dome (matching the top half of the panels). Foam tape the dome on your card face, as shown.
- Foam tape the lacquered bow cutout over a length of 1/8” pink ribbon on the dome top, Zotting the ribbon in place, as shown. Foam tape the small lacquered butterfly as shown.
- Card inside: Cover with suede, place border Dazzles™ along the bottom edge and glue a length of 1/2” white ribbon, as shown. Zot™ a bow on the left.
- Mat the “HAVE A Magical…” label on suede then on a piece of the unused folding card panel with 1/16” borders. Foam tape the label and the extra lacquered butterfly cutout as shown.