Designer’s Tip: You can also make this pocket more 3-dimensional by pushing up the bottom with your fingers. (The bottom will resemble one end of a pillow box.) Although it won’t stand up by itself, the pocket will be deeper to accommodate sweet treats or a thicker booklet.
- For the pocket: Fold the doily in half diagonally. Measure 4½" in from one side point on the bottom and 4½" upward along the same side. Fold the point inward at these marks. Repeat on the other side, overlapping the side points on the front. Fold the top layer of the center back forward and over the sides to make the pocket. Secure the sides and center in place with tape.
- Glue the pocket to cardstock and cut out, leaving a 1/16" mat on all sides. Place a 3" Dazzles™ doily to the front flap, wrapping it to the inside. Cut sections off a 2" Dazzles™ doily and place in the lower front corners, then place a 1¼" doily on the upper back point. Punch out the Christmas Lace small green tag die cut and remove the nibs. Stamp a tree on it, then glue to the left front corner. Tie a maroon bow and glue to the tag top.
- For the tag booklet: Punch out the Christmas Lace green striped, blue/maroon, and maroon/green tag die cuts and remove the nibs. Stamp “may your days…” on the striped tag and “your holiday…” on the maroon/green tag. Stamp “merry Christmas” on the blue/maroon tag.
- Place small Dazzles™ snowflakes, stars, and a swirl on the tags as shown. Stack the tags and insert a 6" maroon ribbon through the holes. Wrap green mesh ribbon around the maroon tails and knot next to the tags. Insert the tag booklet into the pocket.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Dark red cardstock (link)
- 8" square white doilies (link)
- Foil Christmas Lace Tags & Labels die cuts (link)
- Christmas Lace 12"x12" Dazzles™ (link)
- Christmas Greetings stamp set (link)
- 16" of ¾" wide maroon crepe ribbon (link)
- 6" of ¼" wide green mesh ribbon (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- ½" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Adhesive (link)