Designer Tips: Additional cards featuring papier tole can be found on the Christmas Card Classes DVD in Chapter 4, Engineered & Special Cards.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with Christmas green argyle paper. Trim the topper to 4 1/8"x5¼", then round the corners. Print the iris-folding pattern and place the topper face down, centering the heart in the glove palm. Secure with stencil tape. Cut nine 4"x1" strips each from Christmas red argyle, green swirls, red swirls, and green dotted papers. Score each vertically so they fold to ¾"x4". Fold the strips.
- Place a red swirls strip face down on #1 and a red argyle strip face down on #2, aligning the folded edges with the inner lines on the pattern. Use clear tape to secure the ends. Place a green dots strip face down on #3 and a green swirls strip face down on #4 and tape the ends. Continue placing the same patterns on top of each other in the order given on the pattern. Notice #33 (red swirls) isn’t placed. The last layer has just three pieces to make the heart shape. The last strip is green swirls. Fold one end of this strip under to create the point at the heart top before placing and taping. Remove the pattern and check the topper front to make sure you like the strip placement. Cut a 2" square of Christmas red plaid paper and glue face down in the center. Trim off excess strip ends.
- Mat the topper on Christmas red swirls paper with 1/8" borders, then glue centered on the front. Cut 3"x1½" white cardstock and trace the cuff pattern on it. Cut a 3"x1½" humungo sheet, remove the backing, and place on the cuff. Cut out the cuff. Remove the plastic liner from the cuff and sprinkle Flower Soft onto the sticky front. Rub the sprinkles in, then tap off the excess. Glue the cuff to the topper as shown.
- Punch a red cardstock circle and cut out the Christmas “magical” circle art. Glue to the punched circle, then foam tape to the lower right. Knot a 3" ribbon and glue as shown. Stamp “merry & bright” on Christmas red swirls paper, insert into the Shape Studio, and follow the manufacturer’s directions to create an epoxy shape. Glue at the upper left. Hold two threads together and tie a bow. Glue the bow and place the Dazzles™ as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 4"x4½" Christmas red argyle paper and glue centered on the inside. Punch a red cardstock circle and glue to the paper near the right edge. Cut out the Christmas art shown. Glue a folded 1½" ribbon under each end of the label. Glue all the art and place the Dazzles™ as shown.