- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with ripple paper. Cut out the center of the Color Me™ bracket topper, then cut it lengthwise into a 1⅝" and a 3⅛" piece. Set the smaller piece aside for step 5 and place the larger piece on the craft sheet. Swipe toffee ink over it to completely cover the topper. Wipe off the excess with paper towel and clean off the craft sheet.
- Press the candied yam and maroon ink pads separately onto the sheet. Dip the paintbrush into water and then swirl it in the candied yam ink to create a liquid color. Paint one leaf candied yam. While still wet, paint over part of the leaf with maroon ink, blending the colors together in the center. Repeat for each leaf. Glue the panel on the front, ¼" from the bottom.
- Cut 6½"x1½" moka suede paper and punch the border along one long edge. Mat the punched border on sienna suede paper with ⅛" extending below the brown edge. Wrap twill across the brown section, gluing the ends to the back. Glue the border to the front, nest to the topper.
- Cut out the oval Color Me™ “happy birthday” label. Paint the center bisque, the inner frame brown, the lacy frame maroon, and the outer edge candied yam. Foam tape as shown. Make a twill bow with two loops and tie the center with thread. Glue above the greeting at the upper left. Tie a double-thread bow and glue to the twill bow center. Thread four threads onto a 1" wood button and use tape to secure to the bow centers.
- For the inside: Cut 6½"x3¾" ripple paper and glue centered on the inside. Completely ink the remaining topper section bisque, then color the leaves as described in step 3. Glue to the ripple paper, ¼" from the lower edge. Cut a 6½"x1½" sienna suede paper. Punch a border and mat it with moka suede paper as described in step 4. Glue as shown. Cut out the Color Me™ “celebrate” label and paint the center bisque, inner frame brown, and outer frame maroon. Foam tape to the border center.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Color Me™ Copper Leaves Card Toppers (link)
- Mocha Holographic Ripple paper (link)
- Suede papers: Moka (link), Sienna (link)
- 15" of ½" wide caramel twill (link)
- Brown embroidery thread
- Songbird Wood buttons (link)
- Doily Border Geared punch (link)
- Fluid Chalk ink pads: Bisque (link), Toffee (link), Maroon (link), Candied Yam (link), Dark Brown (link)
- Craft Sheet (link)
- Fine paintbrush, water, paper towels
- ½" Ultra Clear tape (link)
- Foam tape squares (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)