- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top. Cover the front with red/burgundy narrow stripes paper and ink the edges. Cut a 6¼"x4¾" red plaid paper and ink the edges. Glue it centered on the card.
- Cut a 3½"x2¼" ivory/green/red stripes paper and ink the edges. Mat on red linen paper and ink the edges. Glue to the left side of the card, ?" from the lower edge. Cut the “Christmas warms the heart” sentiment to 2¼"x1½" and the “May this holiday…” sentiment to 2½"x2¼". Chalk the edges of both sentiments with red and brown and the heart and rectangles with red. Chalk the edges of a white vellum tag red, then glue the heart sentiment to it. Knot a 4½" tan ribbon length on the tag and glue to the stripes piece as shown. Cut out and glue the “celebrate” circle at the lower right and add a star clip.
- Punch a holly swirls paper circle and ink the edge. Mat on red/burgundy narrow stripes paper with a 1/16" border. Ink the edge. Glue to the card as shown. Stack a 2¼" red poinsettia on a 2½" ivory poinsettia. Stack both on a 3¼" red poinsettia and glue them together. Glue the stack to the circle, then glue a puffy flower in the center. Stitch a heart button in the center, tying the thread ends on the front.
- For the inside: Cut a 4½"x2¾" ivory/green/red stripes paper, ink the edges, and mat the lower edge on red/burgundy narrow stripes paper with a ?" border. Punch a holly paper circle, ink the edge, and mat on red/burgundy stripes paper with a 1/16" border. Ink the edge. Mat the sentiment on plaid paper with 3/16" borders and ink the edges. Cut out the “happy holidays” word art, mat on tan linen paper, and ink the edges.
- Position the pieces as shown and glue. Slip a star clip onto the circle at the upper left and tie a 3"ribbon on it. Cut out the green ribbon tag and glue at the lower right. Tie thread onto a heart button and glue to the tag. Knot a 2½" ribbon length and glue to the tag.