Designer Tip: Turn this clever pocket into an ornament by attaching a hanger to the cuff above the brad. (Attaching the hanger in the center could cause the cuff to open while hanging on the tree.) Or tie the pocket onto a gift as a decoration.
- For the pocket: Follow the template instructions to trace and cut two mitten shapes from Winter Flannels purple paper, flipping the template before tracing the second shape. Trace and cut two cuff shapes from Winter Flannels plaid paper, again flipping the template for the second shape. Stamp “‘tis the season to be jolly” on the front cuff, then mat it and the front mitten on cardstock with 1/16" borders.
- Follow the template directions to assemble the pocket and cuff, making sure your gift card fits between the rows of foam tape. Secure the cuff to the pocket with the brad. Wrap the ribbon around the brad prongs, then press the brad to secure the ribbon and trim the ribbon ends.
- Follow the papier tole package directions to assemble the snowmen/tree image, placing foam tape between the layers. Glue to the front, leaving the star area free so the cuff can tuck behind it when the pocket is closed. Glue an extra art snowflake to the cuff at the upper left, then place the rhinestones as shown. Tuck your gift card in the pocket and close the cuff.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Winter Flannels Paper Pack (link)
- French blue cardstock (link)
- 7" of ½" wide “let it snow” printed sheer ribbon (link)
- Flannel Snowmen Foil 3-D Papier Tole die cuts (link)
- Christmas Gift Card Holders template (link)
- Christmas Greetings stamp set (link)
- Linen Rhinestones (link)
- 1 round purple brad (link)
- StazOn® Timber Brown ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- 1/16" hole punch (link)
- Foam tape squares (link)
- Adhesive (link)