Designer Tip: I've listed how I placed the punched strips and borders, but feel free to mix them up as you like. I assembled them in three sets so that when I glued them to the purple background paper, that paper showed between the sets. This also allowed me to turn the borders with the decorative edges extending both upward and downward.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left and cover the front with French blue cardstock. Cut 4¾"x6¼" Winter Flannels purple paper. Punch borders using all the punches with all the cardstocks and the Winter Flannels plaid, blue tiles, and brown papers. Glue them in three sets, overlapping the edges. For the top section, I used: denim daisy border, purple doily strip, blue tiles scalloped arc border, French blue doily border, purple Victorian border. For the center section: plaid scalloped arc, green scalloped diamond border, and a French blue doily strip through the center. For the bottom section: denim Victorian border, brown daisy border, green vine strip.
- Glue the border sections to the purple paper, allowing the background to show between the sections, and trim the ends even with the paper edges. Use the template to trace and cut bracket label A from green cardstock, bracket label D from purple cardstock and bracket label B from French blue cardstock. Stamp “season’s greetings” on the green label, then mat it and the purple label on French blue cardstock with 1/32" borders. Stack the green label on the purple label, then both on the blue label and glue. Mat the stack on denim cardstock with 1/32" borders.
- Punch a hole in each end of the green label, through all the layers. Cut two 5" ribbons, then cut a narrow point in one end of each and thread through the label holes. Insert a purple brad in each hole and secure. Foam tape the label to the border piece, 1" from the top. Wrap the ribbon ends to the back and glue, then glue the constructed front centered on the card.
- For the inside: Cover the inside with Winter Flannels tan snowflakes paper. Punch four 7" borders in various papers and cardstock and glue vertically to the inside near the fold. Trim the excess. (I used brown doily border, blue tiles daisy border, denim doily strip, and green Victorian border.) Trace and cut rounded label F from Winter Flannels blue tiles paper and stamp “may Christmas be in your heart” on it. Mat on French blue cardstock with 1/32" borders. Punch a hole in each end and insert purple brads. Wrap a 2½" ribbon around each brad and cross the ends. Foam tape the sentiment to the inside as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Winter Flannels Paper Pack (link)
- Cardstocks: denim blue, French blue, soft purple (link) sage green, (link)
- Christmas Greetings stamp set (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels template (link)
- 16" of ⅛" wide blue grosgrain ribbon (link)
- 4 round purple brads (link)
- Geared Border punches: Daisy #2 (link), Victorian (link), Scalloped Arc (link), Doily (link), Scalloped Diamond (link)
- Geared Strip punches: Doily (link), Vine (link)
- 1/16" hole punch (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Acrylic Stamping Blocks (link)
- Foam tape squares (link)
- Adhesive (link)
- 5"x6½" white card & matching envelope (link)