Tip: To size the quote from the CD, first use your “select” tool to draw a rectangle around the desired quote. Copy it, then paste it into a Word document. Select the pasted quote then place your cursor on the corner dot. Drag it to the desired size, using the rulers along the sides of your screen as a guide. Print out your quote and cut it to the size you need.
- For the portfolio front: Turn the portfolio with the flap on the right. Cut an 8"x8½" trees border paper with the border along the bottom. Trim the right corners in a curve to match the portfolio front. Glue a 9½" printed twill length across the border, positioned as shown with the ends glued to the back. Add a star brad at each end and in the center.
- Cover a slide mount with green corduroy paper. Wrap a 1" dark green gingham ribbon length around the side at the lower right and glue the ends at the back. Glue the slide mount to the border paper, 1" from the left edge and ¾" from the top. Print “Family” and “Recipes” on green paper. Cut the “Recipes” to 2"x 5/8" and mat on red corduroy paper. Glue inside the slide mount as shown, then secure with a green square brad on each end. Glue the constructed front centered on the portfolio front.
- Glue the reindeer soft charm to the lower right corner of the slide mount. Tie a shoestring bow with gingham ribbon and glue to the charm top. Stamp the “holiday” circle on red corduroy paper and cut out. Mat on green cardstock with a 1/16" border. Place in the slide mount as shown. Cut “Family” to 1¾"x 5/8". Mat on red cord with 1/16" borders and on green cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue to the slide mount at the upper left corner.
- For the front flap: Cut a 2¾"x8¼" green plaid paper, then trim the left corners to match the curve of the flap. Cut a 7/8"x8¼" green corduroy paper, then trim the left long edge with the scallop-edged scissors. Glue along the right edge of the plaid; trim ends. Cut a ¼"x8¼" red corduroy paper and glue to the green corduroy strip. Glue the constructed flap to the portfolio flap.
- For the inside front: Cut an 8"x8¼" green plaid paper and trim the left corners to match the curves of the portfolio. Copy the quote and size it to 3¾"x3½" (see tip above), then print on green. Cut out and mat on red with 1/16" borders. Mat on green cardstock with 1/8" borders. Glue to the green plaid.
- Fold a 2½" red ribbon and glue to the quote at the upper left corner. Insert a dark green big brad over it, then stamp “JOY” on the brad. Stamp the tree on red paper, then trim to 1½"x2 1/8". Mat on green paper with 1/32" borders, then on green cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the green plaid as shown, then insert a white star brad at the treetop. Glue the constructed piece centered on the portfolio inside front.
- For the inside flaps: Cut two 7¼"x2" red corduroy papers and trim two corners on each to match the curves of the flaps. Cut two 7¼"x¾" green cardstock strips, then scallop one long edge on each. Glue one to each red paper, ¼" from the curved edge as shown, and trim the ends.
- For the upper flap: Insert a gold square brad in each end of the green strip. Stamp the “Magic” circle on green plaid and cut out. Mat on red paper with a 1/16" border, then glue to the green strip near the left end. Glue the constructed flap centered on the upper portfolio flap.
- For the lower flap: Stamp the “cheer” circle on plaid, cut out, and mat on red paper with a 1/16" border. Glue to the green strip near the right end. Glue the constructed flap centered on the lower portfolio flap. Secure the flap to the inside back with a ¾" red button brad on each end of the strip.
- For the back: Cut an 8¼" square of the tree border paper. Cut an 8¼"x1" green corduroy paper and scallop the lower long edge. Glue along the top of the trees piece. Cut an 8¼"x¼" red corduroy paper and glue to the green strip near the upper edge. Glue the constructed piece centered on the portfolio back.
- On the front, place the loop portion of two Velcro® dots on the inside edge of the flap, positioned 3½" apart. Add the hook portion to each dot, then carefully close the flap, allowing the sticky side of the hook portion to adhere to the portfolio front. Press firmly then open your portfolio and add your recipes to the pocket.