Tip: Punching a border is easier if you begin with the paper cut larger than your finished size. Also, place your punch on a cutting surface with inches marked on it. With the punch positioned squarely on the printed grid, you can move your paper through the punch at the desired measurements. Once the border is punched, trim your paper to the correct size and continue making your card. Practice on scrap paper to determine how far apart to punch your images.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and trim it to 6"x5". Insert the lower front card edge in the punch, aligning the left edge of the card with the outer punch edge. Punch the card, then move it to the left 1" and punch again. Repeat for three more trees. They should be centered along the bottom of your card. (Practice makes perfect—try this with scrap paper cut to your card's size before punching your card.) Trim ½" from the lower front edge.
- Cut a 6"x4" flocked trees paper, then trim the lower long edge with the scallop-edged scissors, making it 6"x3 5/8". Mat the scalloped edge on green cardstock with a 1/16" border. Glue to the card, positioned above the trees.
- Cut out the “hope, joy, love…” border and mat it on white paper with 1/16" borders. Mat again on green cardstock with 1/8" borders, the glue it ¾" from the upper edge. Knot two 3" green gingham ribbon lengths and glue to the border near the left end. Add a crystal to each treetop.
- For the inside: Cut a 6"x2" green cardstock and scallop the upper long edge. Cut a 6"x¾" strip of the flocked paper and scallop one long edge. Glue it near the upper edge of the green piece, then glue a “merry & bright” ribbon length over the lower edge, wrapping the ribbon ends to the back. Glue the piece along the lower edge, leaving the upper center area free.
- Print the sentiment in green on white and trim it to 3½"x1¾". Mat on green with 1/32" borders, then mat on flocked trees paper with ¼” borders. Glue it centered, tucking the lower edge behind the scalloped cardstock edge. Punch a tree in green paper and cut to 1 1/8"x1" Mat on red paper with 1/32" borders, then glue it as shown. Add a crystal to the treetop, two to the sentiment, and three to the ribbon as shown.