Tip: To size the quote from the CD, first use your “select” tool to draw a rectangle around the desired quote. Copy it, then paste it into a Word document. Select the pasted quote then place your cursor on the corner dot. Drag it to the desired size, using the rulers along the sides of your screen as a guide. Print out your quote and cut it to the size you need.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold on the left. Cut gold mesh paper to fit the front and ink the edges, but don’t glue yet. Cut two 5"x 5/8" striped papers from the border and ink the edges. Glue to the gold mesh paper along the upper and lower edges. Cut two 5"x 1/8" green suede paper strips and glue along the upper and lower edges as shown.
- Tie a shoestring bow in the end of a 21" Memory Thread length and knot the short end. Use the Attacher to secure the bow at the upper left. Curve the long end back and forth across the gold mesh paper section, securing the curves and corners with the Attacher. Make a shoestring bow, knot the tails, and glue over the lower end of the 21" thread.
- Punch red and green mesh paper banner shapes and write a letter on each, spelling “Merry Christmas.” Ink the edges, then attach them to the thread as shown, gluing in place. Punch red and green suede paper socks. Ink the edges and attach and glue them to the thread as shown. Glue the constructed front to the card. Cut out “wishes” paper ribbon art, ink the edges, and mat on green suede paper with 1/16" borders. Foam tape to the card as shown.
- For the inside: Cut a 1 5/8"x6½" strip of the gold mesh words. Ink the edges, then mat the right long edge with green cardstock. Glue against the fold.
- Copy, size, and print the card quote onto gold mesh paper. Trim to 3¾"x1¾" and ink the edges. Mat on green cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on a 4¼"x2 7/8" red mesh paper. Ink the edges and attach a red spiral clip at the upper left. Tie a 4" thread to the clip and knot the ends. Glue the quote to the inside, aligning the right edges. Punch two red and two green suede paper socks, trim off the tabs, and ink the edges. Glue as shown.