- For the upper front flap: Cut a piece of the green squares border paper to fit the upper flap, positioning one row of squares along the upper edge. Ink the edges brown. Cut a 5½"x 3/8" red silk paper and slide on the buckle. Glue the strip across the border piece, just below the squares and wrap the ends to the back. Cut out the gift art, ink the edges green, and mat on gold cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue as shown, then glue the border piece to the flap.
- For the lower front flap: Cut a 4½"x2¾" gold dots paper. Cut the “NOEL” acetate blocks in a strip and glue to the dots paper with vellum adhesive, ¼" from the lower edge. Cut two 4½"x3/16" green textured paper strips and glue along the acetate edges. Ink the edges brown and glue the constructed piece to the lower front.
- For the pocket front. Cut a piece of ivory dots paper to cover the pocket and ink the edges brown. Cut a 4½"x 3/8" dark green cardstock strip, ink the edges brown, and glue to the ivory dots, ½" from the lower edge. Cut out the red label art and mat on gold cardstock with 1/32" borders. Glue to the green strip, then insert a brad in each end. Stamp “Merry Christmas” in brown on ivory paper and trim to 2"x½". Glue to the label, then glue the constructed piece to the pocket front.
- For the inside flaps: Cut a 4½"x4½" numbers paper, then cut in half vertically. Trim each piece to fit a flap and ink the edges brown. Glue in place, then round the corners and re-ink them. Cut out the “Holidays” acetate art and glue to the left flap. Cut out the drum paper art, ink the edges brown, and glue to the right flap.
- For the inside back: Cut a 4½"x4½" ivory plaid paper to fit the inside back and ink the edges green. Glue in place. Cut out the “At Christmas play and make good cheer…” ribbon strips, trimming off the gold ends. Cut apart as shown, ink the edges green, and glue. Cut out the cookie, star, and tree acetate art in squares and glue as shown.
- For the back: Cut gold circles paper to fit the back, ink the edges brown, and glue in place. Insert a gift card into the pocket and close the holder. Wrap mesh ribbon vertically around the holder and tie a bow near the buckle.