Designer Tip: The Spectrum Noir pens are great for coloring in stamped images and blending. The smoother the cardstock you use for coloring, the better. Cardstock that is less tightly woven, or that has a texture or “tooth” to it will make the pens bleed more.
- Stamp the bird window onto the ultra smooth white cardstock. Color the image with the following Spectrum Noir pens: TB2 & TB3 for the bird, PL2 & LV2 for the purple, DG2 & DG3 for the green, CT1 for the beak, and EB1 for the background. Cut out the image and mat on brown snowflake with a 1/8” border (as shown.
- Color 1 3/4”x 1 3/8” of smooth white cardstock with EB1. Stamp the greeting in the center. Mat on brown snowflake, leaving a 1/8” border.
- Cut the card to a 5” square with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with green plaid paper. Cut 5”x2 1/8” of beige snowflake paper and mat on brown snowflake with a 1/8” border along the top and bottom. Cut 6” of purple crepe ribbon. Cut 8” of the same ribbon and tie it in a bow around the first piece. Zot™ the center of the bow on the beige snowflake piece, 1 1/2” from the right. Tape the ends to the back of the strip. Glue the strip across the card 3/4” from the bottom. Trim the ends of the bow as needed.
- Glue a 5”x1” strip of purple snowflake across the card just above the beige strip. Foam tape the bird window image 1” from the left and 1/2” from the top. Foam tape the greeting just below the bow as shown.
- For the inside: Stamp the branch image at the bottom to the left of the fold, and twice to the right of the fold as shown. Stamp the tree trunk directly on the fold and color with EB7. Stamp a bird on the branch as shown. Stamp a branch coming in from the right as shown. Stamp two ornaments hanging from that branch. Color the ornaments with PL2, DG3, and DG2.
- Stamp the bird on smooth white cardstock. Color in with the same colors as on the front, then cut out (you don’t have to cut out the legs) and glue on top of the bird you’ve already stamped. Cut 2 1/4”x1 1/4” of smooth white cardstock and color with EB1. Stamp the greeting in the center and mat on brown snowflake, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue the greeting to the card 1/4” from the top ad 1 1/2” from the right.
- Stamp the half tree onto the green HoneyPOP paper with the arrows going in the same direction as the lines on the paper pad. Cut out. Apply glue stick to one side and glue to the inside of the card with the straight line along the fold. Apply glue stick to the other side and close the card. When you open it, your tree should pop up.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Green Honeycomb Paper Pad (link)
- Ornament Birdy HoneyPOP clear stamp set (link)
- Winter Flannels Paper Pack (link)
- Winter Flannels Ribbon (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Spectrum Noir Pens: Essentials (link), Blues (link), Purples (link), Greens (link), Yellows (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Crafter’s Companion 8 1/2" x 11" Ultra Smooth White Cardstock (link)
- Foam Tape (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Clear tape (link)
- Fine-Tip scissors (link)