This is an extra card, meant as a teaser to showcase the Snowflakes Embossing Folder, which will be available in September. I couldn’t resist playing with the folder while I was making all these Christmas cards, and figured I should share.
Designer's Tip: I find that spritzing one side of the paper or cardstock very lightly with water before embossing reduces stretching the paper and cracking the raised areas. I usually include a greeting on the front, but to let the pretty snowflakes show, I decided to rely upon the printed ribbon as the greeting.
- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with maroon cardstock. Cut 6"x4¾" Fresh Frost maroon snowflakes paper and mat on light blue cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the front.
- Very lightly spritz one side of 6"x5" navy cardstock with water. Emboss the snowflakes into the cardstock, then trim to 5¼"x4". Ink the brayer with VersaMark, making sure it’s completely inked, then roll it across the embossed snowflakes, without pressing hard. Cover all the raised snowflakes.
- Lightly sprinkle Silver Halo Glitter on the snowflakes, leaving empty areas. Tap off the excess, then lightly sprinkle Shabby Blue embossing enamel across the lower right corner. Tap off the excess, then sprinkle Royal Blue embossing tinsel across the upper left half. Tap off the excess. Heat to melt, holding the sheet horizontally while heating from underneath.
- Mat the snowflakes on light blue cardstock with 1/32" borders. Wrap ribbon vertically, 1½" from the left end and glue the ends to the back. Make a 6-loop bow and tie the center with thread. Attach to the first ribbon with tape, 1¼" from the top, then glue the snowflakes centered on the front. Die cut four inner corners from Snowflakes Holographic paper and glue one to each corner. Attach a pearl blossom to the bow center.
- For the inside: Cut 3¼"x5" Fresh Frost navy textured paper and glue against the right edge. Cut 2¼"x5" Fresh Frost maroon dotted paper and mat the right edge on maroon cardstock with a ⅛" border. Glue, overlapping the navy paper. Cut 1½"x5" Fresh Frost brown snowflakes paper and mat the right edge on tan cardstock with a ⅛" border. Glue to the inside against the left edge.
- Emboss snowflakes into white cardstock, then trim to 5½"x3". Repeat the inking and embossing process as for the front, omitting the Shabby Blue embossing enamel. Heat to melt, then mat on light blue cardstock with 1/16" borders. Wrap ribbon across the upper right corner and glue the ends to the back.
- Mat the snowflakes on maroon cardstock with ⅛" borders, then glue centered on the inside. Tie a shoestring bow and glue to the first ribbon. Use the template to trace and cut a Persian label from Fresh Frost tan snowflakes paper. Stamp “season’s greetings” on it, then mat on navy cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered on the snowflakes.