Designer’s Tip: To color the paper flowers, I chose to paint the ink on with a brush so they would retain their shapes and I’d get a dry-brushed look with the Grown ink. An alternative method is to spritz the flowers with water, then dab the ink pad on them. The wet flowers will soak up the ink, but they’ll also flatten. To help reshape the flowers, scrunch the petals inward several times as they dry. Once they’re dry, lightly brush the Brown ink on the petals.
- For the card front: Open the card and fold the outer front edge in to the fold. Unfold the front, close the card and turn with the fold at the top. Cut brown cardstock to cover the front. Glue it just to the lower front half. Cut 6¼"x4¾" Christmas Sweets tan candy cane paper and glue centered on the cardstock.
- Place the Color Me™ oval doily topper on the craft sheet. Use the blending tool to rub Barn Door and Festive Berries over the entire topper, alternating the colors for a mottled look. Cut out the doily and set the corners aside for step
- Cut out the Color Me™ 2⅝"x1¼" blank label and color as for the doily. When completely dry, stamp “spread the cheer” on it with Timber Brown ink. Mat the label on tan cardstock with 1/32" borders, then on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders. Punch a hole in each end.
- Cut four 6" brown ribbons, then knot an end of two together. Insert the long ends through a hole in the label and pull the knot against the label. Repeat for the other end, then foam tape the label to the center of the doily. Wrap the ribbon ends to the back and glue, then foam tape the doily centered on the front.
- Press the Festive Berries ink pad onto the craft sheet several times, then spritz with water twice. Use the paintbrush to pick up the ink and paint a 2¼" flower. Repeat to paint a 2", 1½", and ¾" blossom. Swipe the brush across the Gathered Twigs ink pad to pick up ink, then brush it lightly across the petals of a flower, from the center outward. Repeat around each flower.
- Press the Forest Moss ink pad onto the craft sheet, spritz, and use to paint a 3" daisy. Cut the daisy apart, shaping the petals into “leaves.” Stack and glue the ¾" blossom on the 2" flower, then both on the 2¼" blossom. Glue the blossoms and leaves near the label and place pearls as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 6½"x2" Christmas Sweets green circles paper and mat the long edges on brown cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue to the inside, ⅝" from the bottom. Trim the curved edges off the leftover corners from step 2, then glue one to each inside corner. Cut out the Color Me™ oval blank label and color with Festive Berries and Red Barn as for the front.
- When dry, stamp “may Christmas be in your heart” on the label with Timber Brown ink. Punch a hole in each end and attach a 5" sheer ribbon to each hole. Foam tape the label as shown. Color a 2", 1¾", and 1" blossom with Festive Berries and Gathered Twigs as for the flowers on the front.
- Stack and glue the flowers together, then glue to the left end of the label. Tuck and glue leaves under the flower and place pearls as shown. To display, open the card and tuck the lower front edge behind the inside flower.