- For the card front: Turn the card with the fold at the top and cover the front with red cardstock. Cut 6¼"x4¾" Christmas Sweets red dotted paper and glue centered on the front. Use the patterns to trace and cut a large banner from Christmas Sweets green circles paper and a small banner from Christmas Sweets candy cane paper.
- Mat the large banner on green cardstock and the small banner on red cardstock, both with 1/16" borders. Glue the green banner vertically ¾" from the left edge. Cut 6½"x1⅝" Christmas Sweets striped paper and glue across the card, 1⅛" from the bottom. Glue the small banner vertically ⅜" from the left edge, overlapping the striped paper and green banner.
- Cut one end of the ribbon in a “V” and fold the other end under. Glue overlapping both banners as shown. Punch out two Candy Cane candy die cuts and remove the nibs. Glue a ⅝" red button and foam tape a candy die cut over the ribbon, then foam tape a ⅜" green button, overlapping the pieces as shown.
- Follow the package directions to assemble the papier tole gingerbread boy and girl with foam tape between the layers. Foam tape them and a candy die cut to the front as shown. Squeeze lacquer on the candy pieces and let dry. Tie a bow with two strands of red thread and glue to the red button. Knot two green threads together, trim the ends, and glue to the green button.
- For the inside: Cut 6½"x1⅝" Christmas Sweets scalloped stripes paper and mat the long edges on red cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue centered across the inside. Use the pattern to trace and cut a medium banner from Christmas Sweets green circles paper and mat on green cardstock with 1/16" borders. Glue vertically, 1¼" from the right edge.
- Stamp “Christmas a day when…” on Christmas Sweets tan dotted paper and trim to 2½"x2½". Mat on red cardstock with 1/16" borders, then glue as shown. Punch out a Candy Cane candy die cut and remove the nibs. Punch out the papier tole heart pieces and assemble with foam tape. Punch out the papier tole extra art candy cane.
- Glue the heart to the sentiment on the left, then glue the candy cane and foam tape the candy die cut to the lower right. Glue a ⅜" red button as shown, then cover the candy pieces with lacquer and let dry. Knot two red threads together, trim the ends, and glue to the button.