Tip: I used 3 different colors of Distress inks to create this card. Different shades of each color can be achieved by adding layers of the same color over itself. You can also create different colors by layering one color over another. The possibilities are endless! I like to cover the paper with the lightest color of ink I’m using, then add the darker inks here and there, then more of the lighter color. I like to use a cosmetic sponge wedge to apply the ink for a velvety finish and crisp edges of the pattern on the paper—it works especially well on the fine lettering on the tag that I cut into two pieces. I matted the tags with inked cardstock, but you could cut loosely around the edges of the tags, ink the excess at the edges, then trim to leave an inked border.
- With the fold at the left, cover the card front with Color Me Tapestry paper. Use the bundled sage ink pad direct-to-paper over the entire card front, adding one layer of ink to the paper. Use a paper towel to wipe off the excess from the pattern. Now add some pine needles ink through the middle area, top, and bottom, just covering small areas of the card front; wipe with paper towel. Now add the purple ink, covering a bit of the pine needles ink and some of the bundled sage ink, through the middle, left corner, and upper right edge. Wipe with paper towel.
- Now take the bundled sage ink and add more ink to the card front, going over some of the pine needles ink, the dusty concord ink, and the first layer of the bundled sage on the card front. Add more of the other colors to achieve the desired effect. Now use the cosmetic sponge to apply the bundled sage ink over the card front, filling in any open areas. Wipe excess off with paper towel. Let dry.
- Use the sponge to apply bundled sage ink to the scalloped script tag. Wipe off the excess with paper towel. Add pine needles ink randomly with the sponge, then dusty concord in the same manner, wiping off the excess after each color. Cut the scalloped tag into 2 pieces, with 2 ½” wide on one side, and 1 ½” wide on the other. Ink a large enough piece of white cardstock with dusty concord for matting the two pieces. Mat each piece leaving a 1/16” border. Glue the two pieces to the sides of the card front, 5/8” from the bottom.
- Ink a small portion of remaining tapestry paper with pine needles and dusty concord inks, then punch a circle from the inked paper. Glue centered to the silver great big brad. Attach the brad to the center of a light green flower and Zot near the upper right corner of the card front. Write or computer print “Thanks” on white cardstock, trim to a rectangle, then mat on cardstock inked with the dusty concord ink. Glue near the flower.
- Inside the card: Ink a 2” x 6 ½” tapestry paper rectangle as you did for the card front. Glue to the inside even with the right edge. Ink the tag with tapestry border using the 3 ink colors and the cosmetic sponge, then mat on cardstock inked with dusty concord. Glue tag centered to the inside, overlapping the tapestry paper. Write or computer print message on white cardstock, trim, then mat on cardstock inked with dusty concord. Glue overlapping tag and tapestry paper as shown. Zot small green flower and brad to tag as shown.