Click to view a larger image
- Position the template on the back of the plaid paper. Trace the basket and one wavy handle pattern from the plaid paper, including the fold lines and cut lines. Trace the lid, small tag and the other wavy handle pattern from the yellow paper. Keep your pencil close to the inside edge.
- Remove the template and cut along the outside of the shapes. Punch holes over the dots. Fold along the lines and unfold. Then cut the slits in the basket shape.
- Start on one side of the basket, fold flap A up and place a brad in your punched hole without fastening it (leave the prongs straight). Then fold flap B and thread onto the brad prongs inside your basket. Do the same with flaps C,D,E,F, and G.
- For the handle, overlap one end of each piece, then weave them together. Attach the twisted handle by threading the circular tabs onto the unfastened brads. Add the lid by threading the circular tabs onto the unfastened brads. Fasten the brads closed.
- Write on the small tag and glue to the side of the basket.