- Place the template on the back of the dots paper. Trace the design, then cut it out. Ink the edges of the swirls and let dry. Fold in the swirls on fold lines in clockwise direction; lift the first swirl to tuck in the last few swirls.
- Use the template to trace and cut out a mini spiral from black textured paper, then cut out and fold as for the giant spiral. Use the white pen along the edges of the swirls. Let dry.
- Trace and then cut out a small white tag. Write "Hello, friend" on the tag and ink the edges.
- Trace the inside shape onto white paper, trim slightly smaller, then mat on black textured paper, leaving a very thin border. Glue to the inside of the card. Use the template to add the swirl to the left side with the black pen, and write a greeting.
- Make a hole at the center of the inside, and then fold the card according to the template instructions.
- Attach the mini spiral with a brad through the center hole on the inside, as shown. Use pliers to turn the ends of the prongs out flat, so the brad isn't attached too tight.