Designer’s Tip: The Distress inks work really well with the Color Me™ Double Dipped Papers. They are easy to blend, and wipe off of the raised designs easily. For this card, I used the corner of the lacy paper turned on point, then I filled in the blank top corners with some of the textured grid paper.
- With the fold on the left, trim your card to a 5” square. Make a pencil mark at 7 3/4” across from the top left corner of the Double Dipped Lace paper, marking near the top edge. Make a pencil mark at 7 3/4” down from the top left corner along the left edge. Use a ruler to draw a straight line between the two points. Cut along this line and erase any pencil marks. Turn the triangle so the long side is at the bottom. Cut a 2 1/4” square of the inner portion of the lace paper and ink with Victorian Velvet. Cut the square in half diagonally to create two triangles and set aside.
- On the large triangle, use a cosmetic sponge to color the outer border with Pumice Stone Distress ink. Color over the Pumice Stone layer with Spun Sugar. Color the roses lace border with Victorian Velvet. Color the next border with Pumice Stone and Spun Sugar, and color the bottom triangle with Victorian Velvet.
- Place the triangle long side at the bottom, centered, on your card front. Glue down and trim off the excess paper along the sides and top. Glue the two smaller triangles at the top right and top left to cover the blank areas.
- Use Zips™ adhesive lines to attach narrow brown grosgrain ribbon along the bottoms of the two top triangles as shown. Trim ribbon as needed. Attach ribbon along the bottom of the card 3/4” from the bottom. Attach another length of ribbon 1/8” above the first strip.
- Cut Bracket Label E from white cardstock and ink the edges Victorian Velvet. Stamp “You are so very special” with Timber Brown StazOn®. Mat the label on kraft cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape the greeting 1/4” from the right and bottom. Zot™ a small brown bow to the top left of the greeting as shown.
- For the inside: Cut 5” of the roses border from the Tags & Borders sheet, leaving a 1/16” white border on either side, then ink it with Victorian Velvet. Glue it to the card along the right edge. Cut out the 2 1/4”x4” lacy tag, leaving a 1/16” white border and turn it on its side so the top of the tag is on the right. Ink the lacy border of the tag with Victorian Velvet and the background with Pumice Stone and Spun Sugar. Stamp “Thinking of You” on the tag and glue to the card 1/16” away from the fold and 1” from the top. Zot™ a bow to the right side of the tag as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Color Me™ Double Dipped Papers (link)
- Distress Inks: Victorian Velvet (link), Spun Sugar (link), Pumice Stone (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template (link)
- Nonna’s Garden Ribbon Set (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamp Set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Kraft cardstock (link)
- White cardstock (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Zips™ adhesive lines (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Cosmetic sponges