Designer’s Tip: Mix Perfect Pearls with water, use a brush to paint in the roses and leaves for a pretty look. For varying the color from dark to light, start by painting in saturated color at the base of a petal, then wet the brush and spread dilute color to the rest of the petal. To remove excess Perfect Pearls from the white design, wet the brush with water and pick up the excess Pearls.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with rust cardstock, trimming the edges even with the card.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x6” piece of the Color Me™ Roses paper. Add a small amount of forever red Perfect Pearls to your acrylic block or paint palette, then dip your small paintbrush in water and mix the color with the water. Add more water or Perfect Pearls for a fairly thick, smooth consistency. Use the brush to paint in the base of one of the rose petals, then dip the brush in water and spread the Pearls over the rest of the petal. Keep a paper towel handy to clean the brush or remove excess water from the brush as needed (if you get too much color on a petal, use a clean wet brush to remove some of it). Let dry.
- Using forever green Perfect Pearls and water, use the same technique as for step #2 to paint in the leaves and swirls near the roses. Let dry. Clean the brush with water and remove excess moisture. Take the damp brush and pick up any excess Perfect Pearls on the white outline of the roses and leaves.
- Use the Stylus and foam pad or cosmetic sponge to ink the background of the paper around the roses and leaves with the Bisque ink. Wipe off the excess with a paper towel. Tie a knot in the olive crepe ribbon and wrap it over the lower left corner of the paper. Zot the knot in place and glue the ends securely to the back of the paper. Glue centered to the card front.
- Use the template to trace the Squared Tag B shape onto white cardstock, then cut it out. Ink the shape lightly with the Bisque ink and let dry. Write or computer print “Best Wishes” on the center of the tag. Mat on rust cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue to the upper right portion of the card. Tie a small olive grosgrain ribbon bow and Zot it to the top of the tag.
- Cut out the large roses label. Use the method above to paint in the roses and leaves with Perfect Pearls, then ink the remainder of the label with Bisque ink as you did for the front. Write or computer print “For the happiest of birthdays” on white cardstock and trim into a rectangle. Ink over the piece lightly with Bisque ink and let dry. Mat on rust cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue to the label as shown. Zot an olive grosgrain bow near the words as shown.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Color Me™ Double Dipped Roses, Color Me™ Double Dipped Tags & Borders (link)
- Christmas Lace Ribbons—6” length of 1 1/2” wide olive crepe ribbon, 20” length of 1/8” wide olive grosgrain ribbon (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels template (Squared Tag B)
- 5”x6 1/2" blank white card (link)
- Perfect Pearls—Jewels set with paint brushes (link)
- Bisque Color Box Fluid Chalk ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block or small plastic paint palette (link)
- White cardstock 4003448, rust cardstock (link)
- Cosmetic sponge or Stylus and foam pads (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Paper towels
- Small container of water
- Black pen or computer printer
- Font: Sudestada