Designer Tip: Layering Die-cut labels in contrasting colors is a fun way to use them, and results in a beautiful, intricate look. Accent with 3-D Papier Tole Foil Die-cuts, ribbon and Dazzles™.
- Front: Place your card with the fold at the top. Cover the card with Gypsy Jewel light green striped paper. Cover the bottom 2 1/8” with purple/blue striped paper.
- Use the die-cutting machine to cut the following shapes: one 4 5/8”x3 5/8” violet suede frame, one white 4”x2 1/2" label, two 3 5/8”x2 1/8” frames (1 lavender and 1 violet suede), two 2 3/4"x1 1/4" labels (1 dark blue and 1 white), one 2 1/4"x1 1/16” lavender frame, and one 1 5/8”x3/4” dark blue label.
- Glue the 4 5/8”x3 5/8” violet suede frame die-cut to the card, 1/2" from the top, close to the left side. Place the 4”x2 1/2" white label die-cut inside the violet frame and glue in place. Center the 3 5/8”x2 1/8” lavender frame die-cut on the white label and glue in place. Glue the 2 3/4"x1 1/4" dark blue label die-cut inside the lavender frame. Glue lavender metallic ribbon across the card, 3/8” from the bottom.
- Punch out the #1 large lavender flower image from the 3-D Papier Tole sheet and glue it overlapping the right side of the layered die-cut labels. Punch out #2 image and foam tape over its matching design, Repeat foam taping each number until the design is complete. Foam tape a small blue flower (extra art) centered on the large flower.
- Place “Happy Birthday” from the Tiny Words & Phrases Dazzles™ sheet on the dark blue label as shown. Add a heart near the words and centered on the Papier Tole flower. Decorate the Foil Papier Tole embellishment and die-cut labels with Silver Jewel Dazzles™. Tie a lavender metallic ribbon bow and Zot™ as shown.
- Inside: Cover the top 3 1/2" of the card with light green striped paper. Cover the bottom 2” with purple/blue striped paper. Glue lavender metallic ribbon across the card, 1 3/4" from the bottom. Glue the 3 5/8”x2 1/8” violet suede frame die-cut centered on the light green striped paper. Glue the 2 3/4”x1 1/4" white label die-cut centered inside the violet suede frame. Center the 2 1/4"x1 1/16” lavender frame centered on the white label. Glue the 1 5/8”x3/4” dark blue label die-cut centered inside the lavender frame.
- Decorate the die-cuts with Silver Jewel Dazzles™. Place “celebrate!” centered on the dark blue label. Punch out the 3 remaining “extra art” small flowers and two small green leaves from the Papier Tole sheet. Glue or foam tape together in a cluster on the ribbon as shown. Tie a bow and Zot™ as shown.