Designer’s Tip: Use the small scrap cutouts that the Mini 8 creates as extra embellishments for your card.
- Open your blank card, with the inside facing you, and the fold in the center horizontally. Trim 1” off of the right side of the card, then trim 1” off of the upper edge of the top half of card. Cover inside lower half with turquoise suede paper.
- Using the Mini 8 “Flourish” punch, follow product instructions to punch lower right corner of the suede covered inside of card (save the small scroll scrap cutouts for later). Rotate card 90 degrees to lower left corner and punch again. Turn the card over (suede facing down) and repeat the process on the same two corners.
- Open card, with the inside facing down, and the fold in the center horizontally. Cover card front with pink floral paper. Use the Mini 8 “Flourish” punch again to punch the lower right and lower left corners of the card, as in step 2 (saving scroll scrap cutouts).
- Close your card, placing the fold at the top. Using the inner tan and silver scroll foil label die-cut as a template, trace and cut out a label from yellow floral paper. Set aside. Use the die-cut again to trace onto the suede paper, and cut out with a 1/4” border all around the tracing. Glue the suede label to the front of the card. Lay the two lengths of ribbon on top of each other, form a small bow in the center and Zot™ onto the suede label, 3/4” from the top point. Foam tape the die-cut over the suede label, and trim the ribbons to suit. Computer text “Thoughts of You” onto white paper and cut to 1 3/4”x1/2”, mat on suede paper with 1/8” border all around, and glue to front of die-cut. Glue two suede scroll cutouts onto the pink floral paper, above the labels. Place Jewel Dazzles on the suede scrolls, and through the scroll cutouts in the pink floral paper onto the suede covered inside of card, beneath.
- For inside of card: Open card to inside. Using sponge, ink edges of yellow floral paper label w/Pink Sky ink, and glue 1/2” down from fold. Foam tape silver foil banner die-cut to label. Computer text “Make a Happy Heart” onto white paper and cut to 2 1/4”x1/2”, mat on suede paper with 1/8” border all around, then mat on pink floral paper with 1/8” border all around. Glue to front of die-cut. Glue two suede scroll cutouts above and below the text box. Glue two floral paper scroll cutouts above the yellow label. Place Jewel Dazzles on the suede scrolls.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Mini 8 Flourish Punch (link)
- Turquoise suede paper (link)
- Fresh Cut Paper Pack (link)
- Fresh Cut Foil Tags & Labels (link)
- Fresh Cut Ribbon Set (link)
- Pink Sky Fluid Chalk inkpad (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Glue stick (link)
- Cosmetic sponge
- Font: Fontleroy Brown, 28 pt.