Designer’s Tip: Punch a circular shape from a 6” square using a Mini 8 punch and double sided paper. Cut the shape into eighths, then flip over every other piece. Ink edges and glue down for a unique and fun look!
- Place the card with the fold on the left. Cover the card front with kraft cardstock.
- Cut 6”x6” of herringbone double-sided paper. Punch a circle from the paper with the Celtic Mini 8 Punch. Place the circle on a cutting mat with a measuring grid. Use an X-acto® knife and metal-edge ruler to cut the circle in half down the middle, then in half across the middle. Make two more cuts to create 8 equal size pieces (like pie slices).
- Flip over every other piece, creating a sort of pinwheel look. Now ink the edges of each piece using brown ink and a cosmetic sponge. On the front of the card, draw a vertical line down the center in pencil. Draw a horizontal line across the center. Take the first piece of the pie and glue it in the lower right quadrant with the point toward the center and one edge along the vertical line. Glue the next piece right next to the first, and keep gluing until all of the pieces are glued down. Erase any pencil lines.
- Cut a 6”x4” of tan writing paper and punch it with the Celtic punch just like you would a circle. You’ll end up with an oblong shape. Ink the edges and glue to center. Trim off excess.
- Cut a Bracket Sign from red texture and ink edges. Glue to center. Glue black/white gingham ribbon across the center with Zips™ adhesive lines. Cut an Oval Sign from Kraft cardstock and ink edges. Stamp a greeting in the center and foam tape to the center of the card. Zot™ a small bow to the lower left of the greeting.
- Inside: Punch another Celtic circle from herringbone. Cut it in quarters this time. Flip over the second and fourth corners to the red side. Ink all edges brown. Glue the red corners to the upper right and lower left. glue the herringbone corners on the remaining corners, overlapping the red corners a little. Cut another Oval Sign out of Kraft cardstock and ink edges. Stamp a greeting in the center and glue to the center space between all of the shaped corners. Stamp 3 hearts to the right and to the left of the greeting.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Celtic Mini 8 Punch (link)
- Noted Double-Sided Paper Pack (link)
- Vintage Roses Ribbon Set (link)
- Layered Labels Template (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamp Set (link)
- Kraft cardstock (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Zips™ adhesive lines (link)
- Small Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Metal-edge ruler