Designer’s Tip: You can create an envelope for this 6” square card using the “Two Envelopes” template.
- Cut your cardstock in half, to 12”x
- ” Using the Mini 8 “Snowflake” punch, follow product instructions to punch all four corners of your cardstock, then turn over to finish punching all four corners again (save the small square scrap cutouts for later). Place your cardstock in front of you with the rounded “snowflake” edges on the right and left. Score two vertical fold lines, 3” from right and left sides.
- Cut a 6” square of blue suede paper. Using the Mini 8 “Snowflake” punch, follow product instructions to punch all four corners of your cardstock, then turn over (suede side down) to finish punching all four corners again (save the small snowflake and square scrap cutouts for later). Glue the suede snowflake to the center of the inside of your card.
- Close card, folding right and left sides toward center of card. Cut a 4”x1” tan snowflake paper and mat on blue star paper with 1/8” border all around. Using X-acto® knife, cut a 1/2” vertical slit at each end of the tan paper (through the blue paper), then another slit 1/4” toward the center of the paper (through the tan & blue papers). Cut the matted paper in half lengthwise. Glue one end of each 10” length of ribbon under cut ends of your matted paper, and thread the other end of ribbon through slits, making sure that “Let it Snow” is centered over the top of matted paper. Glue each of these matted “ribbon holders” on your card faces, aligning their ends with the card folds, and keeping the loose ribbon ends toward the center of the card. Glue 4 suede snowflake cutouts to the front card faces, and place small or medium Jewel Dazzles in the center of each.
- For inside of card: Using a saved suede square cutout, mat on vellum with 1/8” border all around. Glue onto saved white square cutout, turning the white square so that each point can be seen beneath vellum. Cut a 1 1/2” length of ribbon, being sure to get the entire “Let it Snow” sentiment on the ribbon. Anchor over suede square with a snowflake Dazzle and place a medium jewel Dazzle on snowflake center. Repeat step-4 two more times.
- Foam tape your “Let it Snow” ribbon squares to the large suede snowflake on the inside of your card, leaving 1/2” of space between each. Place small jewel Dazzles in the center of the larger snowflake cutouts, around the edge of the large blue suede snowflake.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Mini 8 Snowflake Punch (link)
- Winter Flannel Paper Pack (link)
- Powder Blue suede paper (link)
- Vellum (link)
- Winter Flannel Ribbon Set (link)
- Blue Mirror Snowflake Dazzles (link)
- Blue Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- 12”x12” blank white cardstock
- X-acto® pen knife (link)
- cutting mat (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Glue stick (link)
- Scoring tool (link)