Tip: To hide the tabs of the pop-up, cut slits in the background paper and insert the tabs through the slits, gluing them to the back of the paper. You will want make the pop-up and attach it to the background paper, then attach them to the card.
- For the front: With the fold on left, glue a 1”x6 ½” strip of green/red dot along the fold. Glue a 2”x6 ½” strip of green snowflake flourish along the right edge. Glue a 3”x6 ½” strip of red dot ½” from the left.
- Cut a 3 ¾”x1 ¾” piece of green snowflake flourish and chomp the corners with the Scallop Corner Chomper. Mat onto red dot, leaving a 1/8” border. Chomp the mat corners with the Scallop Corner Chomper and glue centered to card, 1” from the top. Print “warm Christmas wishes” on 2”x1 ½” of white cardstock and chomp corners with the same Corner Chomper. Foam tape greeting to center of green snowflake flourish. Tie a small bow with the lime green ribbon and add 8” of white grid ribbon behind the center of the bow with a Zot. Zot the bow and grid ribbon to card, under the right side of the greeting.
- For the pop-up: IMPORTANT: Make the completed pop-up and background before gluing to the inside of your card. Cut a 10”x6 ½” piece of green/red dot and fold in half to create the background for the inside of the card. Fold a 6”x5 ½” piece of red dot in half vertically with the white side out. With the fold on the left, trace the poinsettia popup shape. Note where the folds lines are and mark them with a different color pen so you don’t accidentally cut through them. On the rightmost Fold B, extend the petal to edge of the paper to create a tab to fold. This tab will attach your pop-up to the background paper. Cut the cut lines and fold the fold lines, following the template instructions.
- Cover the center of the poinsettia with Gold Lamé Smooch ink. The largest flower layer should pop out at you. Fold in the side tabs. Place your folded pop-up inside the folded background paper and arrange it so it doesn’t extend past the paper when closed. Open the background paper (without moving the pop-up) and make a pencil line on the background along the fold of the side tab. Repeat this for the opposite side of the background paper. Cut a slit along each line. Slip the right tab through the right slit and the left tab through the left slit. After testing out the opening/closing action of your pop-up, glue the tabs to the back of the background paper.
- For the inside: Now glue the background paper to the inside of the card, making sure the middle creases line up. It is best to glue the paper while the card is open at a 90 degree angle so the paper doesn’t buckle as you close the card. With a ruler and X-acto® knife, trim off the excess paper that extends beyond the card.
- Glue a 1”x 6 ½” strip of green snowflake along each side of the open card. Glue ½”x6 ½” strips of white cardstock to each side, 1 ½” in from the edge. Glue ½”x6 ½” strips of red dot to each side, overlapping the white and green strips, leaving ¼” stripe of the white showing.
- Print “Peace and love to you and yours this holiday” onto a 2 ¾”x1 ¼” piece of white cardstock and round the left 2 corners with scissors. Mat onto red dot, leaving a 1/8” border. Glue to right side of card, flush with the edge. Close the card and chomp all 4 corners of the card with the Scallop Corner Chomper.