Designer Tip: Start by stacking your chipboard pages in order to be sure the sizes get bigger as the album progresses, so you can see the exposed edges of next page in line.
- Cover page: Cover the top 4” of the chipboard dress cover page with White Truffle tan houndstooth paper and trim the edges. Glue a 9”x2” White Truffle tan flourish paper on the bottom and trim the edges. Tear five 9”x2” White Truffle tan flourish strips and glue on the skirt, layering as shown, leaving the lower torn edges loose.
- Stamp the corner Flower/Scroll stamp with VersaMark™ on the upper left corner and at the center right of the dress. Dust with clear embossing powder and heat emboss with the heat gun. Stamp “be Happy” with VersaMark™ on the lower left corner, dust with Gold embossing powder and heat set.
- Place the cover page on your craft sheet and use a sponge to paint random areas with Broken China Distress Paint in a circular motion, especially around the clear embossed areas. Repeat the process with Antique Linen Distress Paint. Let dry. Paint the corner Flower/scroll stamp with the two Distress inks and use to stamp at the upper left and upper right areas of the cover page, as shown. Use the same method to stamp “live”, “laugh” and “love”, as shown.
- Place the Swirl Dot template on the skirt and apply Gold Embossing Paste over the template with the squeegee, staying within the outer edges. Pull the squeegee across the surface of the template leaving a thin, smooth layer of embossing paste. Repeat the process for small swirls on the sleeves, and for one curve of the large swirl around the neckline. Let dry.
- Cut a 6” length of the White Truffle lace border paper with the border at the top. Cut 3/4” off the top edge and tear along the lower border artwork. Glue on the dress as shown, trimming the edges. Stamp and emboss the Scroll/Flower border stamp across the strip in gold.
- Paint seven Chipboard Scrolls with both Distress paints, let dry, then use a sponge to apply Gold embossing paste to the outer swirls. Let dry, then glue two in place on the left side of the lace strip, and three in a cluster on the right. Save two for the photo page.
- Zot™ a double bow of crepe and sheer ribbon over the swirl cluster, trimming the ends in a “v”. Cut the shanks off the backs of three buttons and Zot™ one on the bow, and two below the neckline, as shown.
- Photo page: Place the next chipboard page on your craft sheet and paint with Broken China Distress Paint in a circular motion, completely covering the page. Paint with Antique Linen Distress Paint from the upper left area down to the lower right area, in random circles. Let dry.
- Stamp the corner Flower/Scroll stamp with Gold StazOn® on the lower and upper right areas, as shown, to “frame” the photo. Mat a 3 1/2”x5” photo on White Truffle black dot paper with a 1/8” border and paint around the edges with Broken China Distress Paint. Glue on, as shown.
- Journal the sentiment and date on a 2 1/2”x1 1/4” White Truffle tan flourish paper and paint the edges with Broken China Distress Paint. Foam tape the center and glue the edges on the photo, as shown. Glue the two saved Chipboard Scrolls on and Zot™ on a bow of sheer ribbon.
- Following pages: Ink the next chipboard page with Gold StazOn® ink. Cover the next page with White Truffle tan houndstooth paper, trim the edges, and paint the edges with Antique Linen Distress Paint. Cut strips from the White Truffle lace border paper with the border at the top and cut down to 3/4” wide. Tear along the lower border artwork and glue at the bottom edge of the legs. Paint the last page with Antique Linen Distress Paint and ink the bottom leg edges with Gold StazOn® ink.
- Stack your pages in order, attach through holes with rings and tie an ivory grosgrain ribbon onto each ring.