Designer Tip: Don’t worry about slip-ups. This is Mixed Media, and that means mistakes are only embellishment opportunities. So have fun!
- Page: Start with black cardstock as your background. Cut 1/4” off all four sides of text paper from Something Wicked Paper pack. Moving from right to left, paint lower right corner of paper using the Distress Paints. Spray small amount of Dylusions Spray. Let dry or use heat gun to speed up process. Lay 6"x6" Branches Template over painted portion. Holding down stencil with one hand, gently use Mini Squeegee to spread Black Embossing Paste over branches. Lift and dust with black glitter. Shake off excess.
- Cut 11 1/2”x5” of Orange Scuffed paper. Moving from left to right, paint left corner of paper using the Distress Paints. Spray small amount of Dylusions Spray. Let dry or use heat gun to speed up process. Stamp crow from Halloween 2 Cling Stamp Set on upper left corner. Lay 6"x6" Branches Template bottom center. Holding down stencil with one hand, gentle use Mini Squeegee to spread Black Embossing Paste over branches. Lift and dust with black glitter. Shake of excess.
- Stamp pumpkin on Orange Scuffed paper, Spray small amount of Dylusions Spray, and cut out. Spread embossing paste over 3 chipboard birds, dust with black glitter and shake off excess. Paint 1 large, and one small chipboard feather with Preserves Distress Ink, dust with Magenta and Purple glitter. Let pieces dry.
- Photos: There are three photos for this layout measuring 4”x6”, 2 1/2”x2 1/2”, and 3”x2”. Mat photos on black cardstock with ¼” borders. (The black mask from the Halloween Dazzles™ was used in the 4”x6” photo. Try adding it to one of your photos for an instant costume.)
- Title: Cut 3/4” off one side of white tag. Stamp lightly on a blank piece of paper twice to remove some of the ink. Then stamp on Non Glossy side of white tag to get a softer, lighter image. Repeat until image has covered tag. Add “Happy Halloween” Dazzles™ to tag as shown.
- Assemble Page: Glue Text paper to black cardstock. Glue Orange Scuff paper to the top of Text paper. Zot™ smaller photos to upper right corner as shown. Glue 1/2”x12” strip of black cardstock on top of where papers meet. Add three Crystal Paves to far right side of strip. Zot™ Title tag under black strip on right side of page. Place two 1” Ultra Clear strip’s to top right corner and one 7” strip to bottom left corner. Zot™ 4”x6” photo to bottom left corner of page, slightly angling it to the left as shown. Zot™ pumpkin and feather bottom right of photo. Zots™ 2 1/2” x 1/2” black cardstock strip to bottom left corner slightly covering photo, add three Crystal Paves as shown.
- Embellishments: Zot™ Chipboard Birds to top right and left corners, then Title as shown.