Designer Tip: I used Distress Paints, embossing paste, chipboard, flowers, stamps and die-cuts to create a beautiful mix of colors and textures for this mixed media page. I left the embossing paste white, but it is also pretty to dab on some distress paint over the stenciled design.
- Place the flowers on scrap paper. Paint the medium sized flower with Broken China paint, then while still wet, add Bundled Sage paint over it, then add a little more Broken China paint to mix the colors. Clean the dabber on scrap paper. Paint the small flower with Bundled Sage paint. Let the flowers dry for about 30 minutes.
- Use the Broken China and Bundled Sage colors to paint a chipboard bird as you did for the blue flower, mixing the colors on the surface. Let dry about 5-10 minutes.
- Cut a 5”x6 1/2" rectangle from the yellow background paper with the brown/aqua lace and blue swirls border at the bottom. Take the Broken China Distress Paint and scrub the paint over the center of the paper. While still wet, apply Bundled Sage paint over it—the 2 colors will mix together. Let the paint dry.
- Stamp a large bracket with Black ink on the right side of the paper, 2” from the bottom. Let dry.
- Position the stencil over the painted area of the background and secure with stencil tape. Use the squeegee to apply the white embossing paste and pull it smoothly across the stencil. Carefully lift the stencil and move it to another area and repeat. Clean the stencil with a baby wipe. Let dry.
- Write or computer print “thanks” on white cardstock and trim into a tag shape. Using a light touch, add the Broken China paint to the edges. Let dry, then add the Bundled Sage. Let dry and add the Walnut Stain paint. Let dry.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Glue the paper rectangle even with the card. Cut and place a brown Swirl Die-cut near the center of the card 1/2” from the bottom. Cut and place a small, green Swirl Die-Cut above the brown Swirl, tucking the end beneath it as shown, with the larger end near the upper left corner. Glue in place.
- Peel the yellow backing from the double-sided adhesive and place on the painted surface of the painted chipboard bird. Trim around the shape with the knife. Peel off the second piece of backing from the adhesive and place on scrap paper. Sprinkle Micro Glitter on each bird so the surface is evenly covered. Tap off the excess. Burnish (rub) the glitter into the adhesive with your fingers and tap off the excess. Repeat the burnishing and tapping of the excess glitter for a total of 3-4 times, until very little glitter will come off the shape when tapped against the paper. Funnel excess glitter back into the container.
- Zot™ the bird near the bottom of the brown swirl as shown. Layer the small green flower centered on the medium sized blue flower and Zot™ together on the large brown Swirl Die-Cut as shown. Glue the tag above the flower and near the swirls. Place Teal Jewel Dazzles™ on flowers, die-cuts and bird. Zot™ ribbons as shown. Use the Walnut Stain Distress Paint to lightly color the edges of the card and let dry.