- To use the Distress Paints, shake the bottle well, then press the dabber end against a piece of scrap paper to get the flow of paint started. When using one color over another while still wet, clean the dabber by wiping it with a paper towel or onto scrap paper.
- For the flowers, paint one small flower with Bundled Sage paint, and the large flower with Broken China paint, then immediately add Bundled Sage paint over it, then Broken China again to mix the colors. Let dry about 30 minutes.
- Use Broken China paint for the chipboard birds, then while still wet, add Bundled Sage paint, the Broken China paint again to mix the colors. Let dry 5-10 minutes.
- Place the large flower and 1 small flower on scrap paper. Paint the large flower with Broken China paint, then while still wet, add Bundled Sage paint over it, then add a little more Broken China paint to mix the colors. Clean the dabber on scrap paper. Paint the small flower with Bundled Sage paint. Let the flowers dry for about 30 minutes.
- Use the Broken China and Bundled Sage colors to paint the 2 chipboard birds as you did for the large flower, mixing the colors on the surface. Paint the birdcage with the Walnut Stain Distress Paint. Let the pieces dry about 5-10 minutes.
- Place the yellow background paper with brown/aqua lace and swirls border at the bottom. Take the Broken China Distress Paint and scrub the paint over the center of the paper. While still wet, apply bundled Sage paint over it—the 2 colors will mix together. Let the paint dry.
- Stamp a large bracket with Black ink on the left side of the page, 3” from the bottom. Stamp a smaller bracket on the right side of the page, angled 3” from the top.
- Position the stencil over the painted area of the background and secure with stencil tape. Use the squeegee to apply the white embossing paste and pull it smoothly across the stencil. Carefully lift the stencil and move it to another area and repeat. Clean the stencil with the baby wipe. Let dry.
- Sand the edges of a 4”x6” photo for a distressed look. Mat on brown textured paper with 1/4" borders and sand the edges. Glue to the page over the center of the painted area as shown.
- Cut out the words, tag, and year from the words sheet, trimming just inside the lines. Tear the right end of each piece. Using a light touch, add the Broken China paint to the edges of each piece. Let dry, then add the Bundled Sage. Let dry and add the Walnut Stain paint. Let dry. Glue the word pieces and tag to the page as shown.
- Cut and place a large brown swirl die-cuts to the right of the photo, with the smaller piece extending toward the lower right corner. Glue in place. Cut and glue a large green Swirl Die-Cut on the left side, overlapping the lower left corner of the photo. Cut and glue a small green Swirl Die-Cut near the top of the left side, with the larger portion at the top.
- Peel the yellow backing from the double-sided adhesive and place on the painted surface of each painted chipboard bird. Trim around each shape with the knife. Peel off the second piece of backing from the adhesive and place on scrap paper. Sprinkle micro glitter on each bird so the surface is evenly covered. Tap off the excess. Burnish (rub) the glitter into the adhesive with your fingers and tap off the excess. Repeat the burnishing and tapping of the excess glitter for a total of 3-4 times, until very little glitter will come off the shape when tapped against the paper. Funnel excess glitter back into the container.
- Zot™ the painted birdcage to the page so it “hangs” from the small green swirl die-cut at the top. Zot™ one bird on the cage and the other near the words “treasure” and “forever”. Layer a small white flower centered on the painted blue flower and Zot™ together on the large green swirl die-cut as shown. Layer the small green flower on a medium white flower and Zot™ together on the brown swirl die-cuts. Zot™ the remaining medium white flower between the photo and tag as shown. Place Teal Jewel Dazzles™ on flowers, die-cuts and birds. Zot ribbons as shown.