Designer's Tip: Die-cut and emboss half a shape on an S-fold card for a beautiful card focal that overlaps the inside. Embellish with more die-cut/embossed shapes in contrasting card stock.
- To make the card, cut a 10”x 6” purple cardstock rectangle. Score down the center and fold on the scored line. Open the card and score down the center of the left panel.
- Open the Nestabilities package and remove the dies from the paper insert. Number the outlined shapes on the insert from large to small, 1-
- Take dies #2 and #3 and place them nested together with the design side down on a piece of wax paper, then place on the purple cardstock so the dies are centered on the scored line of the left panel, 1 1/4" from the bottom of the card. Tape the dies in place. Turn it all over and place on your Epic™ Six gray cutting platform. Adjust the edge of the cardstock so the scored line (at the center of the dies) is even with the end of the cutting platform (the cardstock and 1/2 of each die will hang over the edge). Tape the cardstock into place on the cutting platform. Cover with the Epic cutting mat and feed through the Epic. Remove the cardstock from the platform and pop out the die-cut. Fold on the scored line to create an S-fold card and extend the die-cut shape forward from the fold.
- Cut a 2 3/8”x5 7/8” aqua/pink floral and flourishes paper and glue to the folded front panel, even with the right edge. Use the #2 die to die-cut/emboss two pink cardstock shapes (one at a time). Place the shapes back-to-back and glue together. Now place it one beneath the purple die-cut shape on the card front so the pink shows through and glue in place. Cut a 4 7/8”x5 7/8” aqua/pink floral and flourishes paper and glue centered to the inside.
- Use the #1 die to die-cut/emboss 1 purple shape and 1 pink shape. Use the #1 and #2 dies nested together to die-cut/emboss 1 purple shape and 1 pink shape. Glue the nested purple shape over the first pink shape so the pink shows through. Cut the shape in half and glue one half to the front folded panel, centered with the die-cut shape on the right. Set aside the remaining half for another project. Glue the nested pink shape over the first purple shape so the purple shows through. Place on the inside, aligning it with the shapes on the card front.
- Use the #2 die to cut 1 purple shape. Use #2 and #3 dies nested to cut 1 pink shape. Align the pink shape over the purple one and glue together. Cut the shape in half and glue to the left side of the card front, aligning it with the right half of the design.
- Use the #4 and #5 dies nested to die-cut/emboss 1 purple shape and one pink shape. Cut each in half and align 1 purple and 1 pink half together on the design, foam taping them in place. Use the #5 and #6 dies nested to die-cut/emboss 1 pink shape and 1 purple shape. Cut each in half and foam tape contrasting halves to the center of the design as shown.
- Write or computer print “Best Wishes” on pink cardstock and trim into a tag shape. Mat on purple with thin borders. Glue to the lower left portion of the card front. Tie a pink sheer dotted ribbon bow and Zot near tag as shown.
- Use the #4 die with pink cardstock to create the center shape for the inside. Write or computer print “For the happiest of birthdays!” on the center and glue centered to the inside.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Botanical Etchings papers (link)
- Botanical Etchings Ribbons—12” length of 3/4” wide pink sheer dotted ribbon (link)
- Evolution Universal Craft Tool (link)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities® Majestic Elements Exquisite Circles (link)
- purple cardstock, light pink cardstock (link)
- X-acto® knife or other scoring tool (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- foam tape (link)
- stencil tape (link)
- black pen or computer printer (link)
- font: Corinthia Professional
- wax paper