Designer's Tip: Ink the edges of your die-cut shapes to distress them and emphasize the edges. It’s fun to mix the die shapes for a different look. I used mostly squares for this page, but added some circles and a rectangle. Create a vellum window and place over a larger photo to draw attention to the center.
- Place the teal labels background paper on your work surface. Ink the edges of a 12”x6” striped paper and glue even with the bottom of the background paper. Ink outside edges of the paper.
- Open each package of Nestabilities and remove the dies from the paper insert. Number the outlined shapes on each insert from large to small, 1-6 for the squares and circles, 1-5 for the rectangles.
- Take square die #1 and #2 and nest them face down on wax paper, then red cardstock and tape in place. Turn it all over and place on your Epic™ Six gray cutting platform. Cover with the Epic cutting mat and feed through the Epic. Remove the paper from the platform and pop out the die cut. Ink the edges of each shape.
- Take square die #3 and place it design side up on the cutting platform. Place wax paper over the die, then place white vellum over the wax paper. Cover with the Epic cutting mat and feed through the Epic. Remove the shape from the center. Take the vellum with the window cut out and glue the narrow red die-cut frame around it so the window is centered inside the frame. Glue centered over photo, then mat on brown cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue to the page, 1 1/4" from the right side and 5/8” from the top.
- Take the inked lacy edged red die-cut and mat on yellow/tiny flowers paper with 1/16” borders. Ink the edges. Mat photo on brown cardstock with 1/16” borders. Glue centered on the red die-cut. Fold a 5” length of maroon crepe ribbon and dovetail the ends. Glue beneath the tiny flowers mat, then glue to the left side of the page, 3/4" from the top.
- Use the square die #2 to cut/emboss a die-cut from yellow/tiny flowers paper. Ink the edges. Use the square dies #3 and #4 nested together with red cardstock. Place the resulting die-cut over a photo and trim evenly with the edges of the die-cut. Ink the edges. Glue centered on the yellow/tiny flowers die-cut. Mat on brown with 1/16” borders. Glue to the page, 1” from the left edge and the bottom.
- Use the square die #2 to cut/emboss a die-cut from red cardstock. Take the red die-cut and place wax paper over it. Place the circle die #4 centered on it, with the design facing down. Tape in place, then turn it all over and place on the cutting platform. Cover with the Epic cutting mat and feed through the Epic. Remove the piece from the center of the die-cut and back the opening with a photo. Mat on yellow/tiny flowers paper with 1/16” borders and ink the edges. Glue to the page, 1/4” from the right side and 2 3/4” from the bottom. Use the square die #4 to cut/emboss from brown cardstock. Glue the resulting ornate corners to the red die-cut to frame the photo as shown.
- Use the square die #3 to cut/emboss a die-cut from brown cardstock. Mat a photo on red cardstock with thin borders and glue centered to the brown die-cut. Glue to the page, 4 1/2” from the right side and 1 1/4" from the bottom. Use the rectangle die #3 and then die #5 to cut/emboss two separate die-cuts from ivory cardstock. Ink the edges and mat each on brown cardstock, trimming the edges to the shape of the die-cut, with 1/16” borders. Write or computer print journaling on the large rectangle, and date on the small one. Glue to the page between the photos as shown.
- Use the circle dies #5 and #6 nested together to die-cut/emboss using brown cardstock. Back the resulting die-cut on ivory paper, trimming the inner and outer edge evenly with the die-cut. Tie a large loose knot at the center of the remaining ribbon and dovetail the ends. Thread the ribbon through the die-cut and glue near the center of the page as shown. Embellish with Jewel Dazzles™ as desired.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Home Grown Paper Pack (link)
- Home Grown Ribbons—10” length of 3/4” wide maroon crepe ribbon (link)
- Red Jewel Dazzles™ 4101557, Gold Jewel Dazzles™ (link)
- White vellum (link)
- Evolution Universal Craft Tool (link)
- Spellbinders Nestabilities® Majestic Elements Marvelous Squares (link), Resplendent Rectangles (link), Exquisite Circles (link)
- Stencil tape (link)
- red cardstock, brown cardstock, ivory cardstock
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- Dark Brown Fluid Chalk Ink Pad (link)
- black pen or computer printer (link)
- font: Honey Script
- wax paper