Designer's Tip: The embossed shapes leave an impression on the suede papers. Stagger the shapes when layering to show off the layers of detail.
- Place the card fold at the top. Cover the card with black patterned paper. Glue a 6 1/2” x 2 1/4” piece of gray dot paper to black cardstock. Glue a 6 1/2” x 1 1/4” piece of black/white patterned paper below. Leave a 1/16” wide border at the top and bottom and glue to the card front, 5/8” from the top. Glue a length of black dot ribbon across the seam between the 2 papers.
- Cut a 4 1/4” circle from both the onyx and snow suede. Glue the onyx over the snow with the points staggered. Cut a 3 5/8” circle from snow suede and glue to the center of the onyx circle. Cut a 3 1/8” circle from smoke suede, stamp the center with a greeting and glue to the center of the snow circle, with points staggered and tucked under the cutaways on the onyx circle. Glue the stacked circles to the right side of the card. Glue a white sheer dot bow to the left.
- Inside: Mat the long edges of a 6 1/2” x 2” strip of black/white patterned paper with black cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue across the card center. Cut a 4 1/2” circle from smoke suede and glue to the center of the border. Cut a 3 5/8” circle from snow suede and glue to the center of the snoke. Cut a 3 5/8” circle from onyx suede and then cut a 2 1/8” circle from the center of the onyx, creating a negative space. Glue over the snow suede circle, staggering the shapes, and stamp a greeting at the center.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x 6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- Evolution Universal Craft Tool (link)
- Spellbinders™ Nestabilities® Exquisite Circles (link)
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack (link)
- Sunshine & Shadows Ribbon Set (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamp Set
- Smoke Suede Paper (link)
- Black Suede Paper (link)
- Snow Suede Paper (link)
- Black cardstock 12x12 Classic Cardstock (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® inkpad (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)