- Cover the top of the box with red/ green plaid paper matted with red cardstock. Ink the edges black. Trace and cut out a tag with tan cardstock from the template, and ink the edges. Sand the top of the gingerbread house Brad Buddy™, add brads and attach to the bottom of the tag, add a green brad to the top of the tag. Glue the piece centered to the top of the box.
- Cut a 4 3/4"x 14 1/4" piece of green cardstock, cover the cardstock with red/green plaid paper leaving 1/8" border all the way around. Score and fold the paper into a three-piece accordion fold. Center the folded rectangle inside the box so the bottom two plaid sides face each other, and the last covered square is facing the top. Glue the back of the last square to the bottom, inside the box (toward the front of the box).
- Fold a 2" length of green ribbon for a tab and glue to the back at the top of the accordion folded card.
- Write or computer journal a greeting or sentiment on tan cardstock in three parts. Ink the edges, mat on green cardstock and adhere to the accordion fold. Add ribbons and brads to the pages of the folded card as shown. For the center section, use your knife to slit the top edge along the green mat of the message, and then insert the ends of a 2" length of folded ribbon. Glue ends to the back and attach a brad at the top to secure.
- Close the box and tie ribbon around the box, knotting it on top of the box.