- Left front cover: Cut 3"x8 burgundy collage paper with a brown border. Glue it with the border on the bottom. Turn the cover over. Trim the paper even with the cover and re-punch the binding holes.
- Key: Glue one end of the green ribbon near the top of the shaft then wrap the ribbon around the key, stopping at the raised edge. Cut the ribbon and glue in place. Cut two 6" green ribbons. Tie one near the top of the shaft and the other near the bottom. Zot™ the key 1⁄2" from the bottom of the book then glue the ribbon ends on the back of the cover.
Glue a green leaf paper on the back of the cover to hide the ribbon ends, then re-punch the holes. Write your journal title as shown.
- Right front cover: Cover as for the left side with burgundy collage paper, then repunch the holes and glue a green leaf paper on the back. Re-punch the holes then Zot™ brown web ribbon on the right. Cut a 2"x7" brick red paper and tear the left side. Glue on the right then re-punch the holes. Foam tape button cut-outs as shown. Ink both cover edges.
- Back cover: Cover it with burlap paper. Re-punch the binding holes then cover the inside with burlap paper and re-punch the binding holes. Ink the edges.
- Inside page: Place a page with the holes on the left. Glue a 4 1⁄2"x2" leaves paper on the top and re-punch the hole. Glue a 4 1⁄2"x3⁄4" web ribbon below the paper. Tear a narrow strip of brick red paper. Glue over the top edge of the ribbon and trim even with the page edges. Cut out two tags and ink the edges black. Tie a ribbon bow with 2" tails. Zot™ on the top of a tag and glue it angled on top of the page. Fold a 4" length of yarn in half. Thread the fold through the hole in the remaining tag forming a loop. Insert the cut ends of the yarn through the loop and pull tightly. Separate the yarn ends for a tassel effect. Glue angled on the bottom right. Write a quotation or message on the blank part of the page. Decorate the other pages, if you desire.
- Binding: Cut 10" lengths each of the twill, chocolate string and yarn. Place your back cover on your work surface then place the pages on top, alternating the right and left holes. Add the front covers on top and line up the holes. Insert the twill lengths in the right holes and the other two in each left hole. Place a pencil between the ribbons and your book to allow the pages to open easily. Knot each one separately. Remove the pencil. Trim the ribbons as you like.