- Cut a 3 ¼”x6 ½” piece of silver metallic cardstock. On the matte side of the cardstock, score a line down the middle using your ruler and the back of an X-acto® knife. Fold the card in half along the scored line, with the metallic side out. You should now have a 3 ¼” square card with the fold on top.
- Cut a 3”x2 ½” piece of double sided adhesive. Carefully peel off the yellow backing (setting it aside for later), trying not to touch the sticky white side. Stick the white side down to a larger piece of black cardstock. Rub down with your fingers and peel off white backing. Place the music template in the center of the adhesive. Place the yellow backing sheet over the template (slick side down), and rub lightly to make sure the whole stencil is adhered. Lift off yellow backing sheet.
- Pour plum glitter over the adhesive, covering all sticky parts. Shake off the excess glitter. Carefully peel the glittered piece away from the stencil. Pour silver glitter embossing powder over the remaining image and shake off the excess. Melt the embossing powder with the heat tool.
- Trim the glittered piece to 2 5/8”x2” and mat onto black cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to front of card centered, ¼” from the bottom.
- Print “birthday wishes” on 2 ¼”x1/2” of white cardstock and mat on black cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to card, flush with the left side and above the glittered piece. Cut 3” of black grosgrain ribbon, fold it in half, and insert a mini pewter brad. Dovetail the ends of the ribbons (trim in a V shape). Zot the ribbon to the card to the right of the greeting.
- For the inside: Cut a 1 ¼” square from the adhesive sheet. Peel off yellow backing and stick white side down to a piece of black cardstock. Peel off white backing sheet. Pour on plum glitter and shake off excess. Trim glitter to a clean square and cut in half diagonally to make 2 triangles. Mat the triangles on black cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue to the inside of card in the top right and bottom left corners, 1/8” from the edges.
- Print “Have a fantastic day!” on a 1 ¼” square of white cardstock and mat on black, leaving a 1/16” border. Glue centered to card. Use the same ribbon and brad technique to attach ribbon to the bottom right corner of the greeting. Trim ribbon ends to fit inside the card.