Designer's Tip: The foil papers look great with the iris folding technique. You can also use them as accents like I did on the corners, or on the inside.
- Cut 5”x6 1/2” of black cardstock. Trace the “Radiant Ranunculus” centered 1/2” from the top. Trace the stem and two leaves below it, including the leaf centers. Carefully cut all shapes using an X-acto® knife and cutting mat. Cut out the two leaf centers. Erase all pencil lines.
- Place the template on some white cardstock so the words are easily visible. Position the flower shape over the iris folding shape on the template and secure with stencil tape. Follow the instructions on the template to finish the design, using the 5 colors of foil for the sections labeled a, b, c, d, & e. Use the dark pink to cover the center. Trim the strips to fit if needed. Cover the stem with light blue and the leaves with light pink. Remove the stencil tape and turn the piece over. Glue the black leaf centers to the leaves.
- Cut 1/4”x4 1/4” of dark pink foil and mat it on light pink, then dark blue, leaving 1/16” borders. Cut the strip in half. Glue one half across the top right corner and one across the bottom left. Trim excess.
- Stamp “I love you” on a piece of white cardstock. Use the “Rectangular Label E” from the Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template to cut a white cardstock label framing the greeting. Ink the edges black. Mat on dark pink, dark blue, and black, with 1/16” borders. Then mat on purple, leaving the corners intact. Glue 1/8” from the bottom and right.
- Add silver Jewel Dazzles™ to the center of the flower and to the leaf centers as shown.
- Inside: Cut 5”x2” of light blue foil and fold up the bottom 1/4” with the foil on the outside. Glue the piece across the top. Stamp “Sending Happy Thoughts” and a few hearts below the blue piece. Cut a 5”x1” strip of foil in light pink, dark pink, and dark blue. Fold down the top 1/4” of foil on each piece, with the foil on the outside. Glue the strips across the card below the greeting, overlapping them with the folds on the top. Cut 5”x2 1/4” of purple foil and fold down the top 1/4”. Glue to the bottom of the card, trimming to fit.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Iris Folding #2 Template (link)
- Tiny Tags & Little Labels Template (link)
- Heartfelt Greetings Stamps (link)
- Silver Jewel Dazzles (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Foil set #5 (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card (link)
- White & Black cardstock (link)
- Cutting mat (link)
- X-acto® knife (link)
- Stencil tape (link)
- Clear tape (link)