Designer's Tip: Cut an embossed image from scrap paper and use that as a guide to journaling on the tag before embossing the tag.
- Start with Stolen Moments 12”x12” teal scuffed paper as your background. Tear the top and bottom 1/2” off of a Stolen Moments 12”x2 1/2” teal zigzag paper and glue 2” from the bottom edge. Tear the top and bottom 1/2” off of a Stolen Moments 12”x1 1/2” teal/brown flourish paper and glue on the center of the torn strip. Place a Gold Jewel Border Dazzles™ on center.
- Cut four 4 1/4”x5 3/4” white cardstocks. Place one cardstock piece inside your embossing folder and run through your die-cutting machine, following the manufacturer’s instructions. Repeat for all four cardstock pieces.
- Place one embossed piece with the butterfly at the bottom left. Cut a 3 1/4”x3 1/4” piece from the lower left corner, using the butterfly area only. Repeat with two more pieces, for a total of 3 butterfly squares. Use the Stylus and pads to lightly sponge the raised embossed areas of each piece with the fluid chalk inks. One with Fawn, one with Mint and one with Butter ink. Mat each on tan suede with a 1/8” border and glue in place over the torn paper strip.
- Journal “Sisters always and ever” on the left side of a tag and place in your embossing folder with the bottom right corner of the tag resting in the fold, over the butterfly corner. Run through the machine to emboss and ink the embossed areas with the stylus, as shown. Ink the edges with Fawn, place border Dazzles™ as shown and tie two lengths of ribbon through the tag top. Glue on the page at an angle, as shown.
- For the remaining embossed cardstock, sponge the embossed areas with all three inks, using Butter for the butterfly and flower areas, Mint for the vines and border, Fawn for butterfly body and highlights. Cut out around the outside border. Place the piece on your cutting mat and cut around the upper and right edges of the large butterfly with your craft knife. Mat the piece on a 6”x4 1/4” tan suede (do not glue down the cutwork butterfly) and glue over the edge of the tag, as shown
- Ink the border/scroll stamp with Fawn and Mint inks and stamp off the upper right and lower left page corners. Stamp above the three butterfly squares, on the right. Ink the flower/scroll stamp and stamp to the left of the tag. Stamp “live” and a small butterfly in Fawn on the Fawn inked butterfly square. Repeat for the other squares, using the corresponding ink color and the “laugh” and “love” stamps.
- Mat a 4”x6” photo on Stolen Moments teal/brown flourish paper with a 1/8” border, then on Stolen Moments maroon scuffed paper with a 1/16” border and place a Gold Border Dazzles™ on the lower edge. Glue offset over the large embossed piece, tucking the lower left corner under the cutwork butterfly, as shown.
- Zot™ small bows on the butterfly squares and a triple knot of ribbon as shown. Cut 1/16” strips from the Gold Border Dazzles™ sheet and lace the buttons. Zot™ on as shown.