Designer's Tip: Place a piece of scrap cardstock under your metallic paper when embossing, so that the paper doesn’t crack.
- Card front: Place your card with the fold on the top. Glue 1”x5” strips of Red Velvet brown dot paper on the left and right sides. Glue a 5”x5” Red Velvet ivory text paper on the center. Place Jewel Border Dazzles 1/16” from the edges, as shown.
- Place a 4 1/2”x6” Gold Metallic paper inside the Butterfly embossing folder and run through the machine, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Ink the brayer with Timber Brown StazOn® ink by rolling it across the pad until covered. Roll the brayer over the embossed areas of the paper using a light touch, and keeping away from the large open area in the center of the piece as much as possible. Let dry and apply ink again with the brayer for a darker look. Stamp “You are one OF A KIND” in Black StazOn® ink on the open area.
- Cut around the outer edges of the embossed piece, leaving a 1/16” border. Mat on Red Velvet red flourish paper with a 1/8” border, then on gold with a 1/16” border and foam tape on your card center. Place Gold Jewel Border Dazzles innies and small cut out border dots as shown. Zot™ on a bow, as shown.
- Card inside: Glue 3/4”x5” strips of Red Velvet red flourish paper on the left and right sides. Glue a 5 1/2”x5” Red Velvet brown houndstooth paper on the center. Place Gold Jewel Border Dazzles on seams, as shown.
- Place a 4 1/2”x6” Gold Metallic paper in the folder and use the machine to emboss one end only, stopping the machine and backing the folder out when 1 1/2” of the edge is embossed. Cut out around the embossed image and cut the piece down to 4”x4”. Use the brayer to ink the embossed areas with brown Stazon. Stamp “My kind” in Black StazOn® ink on the open area and glue on your card as shown, foam taping under the upper edge. Glue on a knotted ribbon, tucking the ends under the gold paper, as shown.
- Fully emboss another 4 1/2”x6” Gold Metallic paper, use the brayer to ink the embossed butterfly area with brown Stazon and cut out around the butterfly. Foam tape the butterfly in place and place Gold Jewel Border Dazzles innies and small cut out border dots as shown.