Click to view a larger image
- Cut a 4 3/4"x6 1/4" piece of ‘Tis the Season paper and ink the edges.
- Cut a 4" square of red paper and ink the edges. Position the sticker on the paper then use \the tip of an awl or needle to punch the paper at the tiny holes on the design.
- Tie a knot and thread the needle back to front through the holes, following the design. See the diagram in the project gallery for more details.
- For the leaves, begin with a knot at the back of the center hole, then come up through the center and down through one of the holes on the edge. Repeat, always coming up through the center hole, until you complete the edge, then tie off in back.
- For the curved designs begin with a knot at the back of the end hole. Come up through the end hole, then come down 2 holes over and come up again one hole back. Repeat, always going over two on top and back one in back. Finish by coming down through the last hole and tie off in back.
- Use the corner stickers to frame the tree. Add red brads to the larger holes and a star brad at the top of the tree.
- Cover the card front with the green design paper, trim the edges and ink. Attach the ‘Tis the Season paper centered on the card front and then attach the red square with the tree. Trim the edges even with the card.