Designer's Tip: I masked areas of the Hexagons stencil to achieve a more “random” look with the embossing paste.
- Place your card with the fold at the left. Cover the card front with purple dots paper. Glue a 5”x1” green/black hounds tooth paper even with the bottom of the card. Glue a 5”x3/4” purple/white/black flowers paper centered on the green hounds tooth paper. Glue a 5”x1/4” black/white dots paper strip even with the bottom edge of the purple/white/black flowers paper.
- Take the Picket Fence Distress Paint and shake it well. Press the dabber end against a piece of scrap paper to get the flow of paint started. Now scrub the paint over the center of the purple dots paper, extending near the upper left and lower right corners as shown. Keep the edges uneven and random. Let the paint dry. Add another coat of paint if you would like more coverage.
- Place the Hexagons stencil overlapping the lower right portion of the purple dots paper. Mask off some of the hexagon openings entirely or partially with stencil tape for a random look, then tape the edges to hold in place. Apply black embossing paste with the squeegee then pull it across the stencil to cover it smoothly. Carefully lift the stencil and wash it with soap and water immediately. Let the design dry. Dab Picket Fence paint randomly on the stenciled design as shown.
- Die-cut 1 large black lacy frame and glue to the card centered over the painted area. Die-cut 1 large solid label from green textured paper. Write or computer print “Happy Birthday to you” centered on the label. Glue the label inside the black frame on the card.
- Stamp a wide arrow image with dots at the edges onto green textured paper with Black ink. Cut it out and foam tape to the top right edge of the card. Stamp an arrow image with scalloped line and dots on the card, below the black frame die-cut on the left side.
- Paint 1 solid butterfly with Chipped Sapphire paint, then while still wet, dab on Seedless Preserves paint right over the Chipped Sapphire. Now add more Chipped Sapphire over the Seedless Preserves. You will now have a pretty purple color. Wipe off the dabbers with a paper towel. Paint 1 open butterfly with Peeled Paint Distress Paint. Let the pieces dry.
- Ink the solid purple butterfly with VersaMark ink and sprinkle with clear embossing powder. Tap off the excess and heat to melt. Apply VersaMark again, then sprinkle with crystal micro glitter. Tap off the excess and heat to set the glitter into the embossed chipboard (Don’t overheat the glitter. Let cool completely before handling so the glitter bonds to the embossed surface). Glue the green open butterfly on the glittered purple solid butterfly. Zot™ to the card as shown.
- Use 3/4” wide celery ribbon to tie a bow. Trim the ends in a “V” and Zot™ near the greeting. Layer 2 white flowers and Zot™ overlapping the lower right edge of the green label. Add another smaller flower. Add a Pavé crystal to the center of each.