Designer's Tip: Sand the edges of your card to create a weathered look. The little “x” near the bottom is for threading the 4-hole buttons.
- Trim the card to a 5” square with the fold on the top. Cover the card front with Home Grown red gingham paper. Sand edges with a sanding block until you see a faint white outline around the card.
- Cut 5”x1 3/4” of Home Grown striped paper and ink the top edge. Glue along the bottom of the card and sand the remaining edges to match the rest of the card.
- Stamp the jar, “Sweet Treats,” “enjoy,” and a couple hearts onto vellum and cut out. Adhere the jar to the card 1/2” from the bottom and 1” from the right with vellum glue dots.
- Stamp a ruffle on yellow floral paper and cut out. Stamp a jar on medallions paper and cut out just the lid. Glue these pieces to the jar on the card as shown.
- Punch a 1 1/4” circle from medallions paper. Stamp “Just for you” in the center and mat on black cardstock, leaving a 1/16” border. Foam tape to card 3” from the right and 1 3/4” from the bottom.
- Cut 2” of black and white twine and apply a bit of tacky glue to the ends to keep them from fraying. Use a few dots of tacky glue to glue the length across the top of the jar as shown. Tie a small bow of twine and seal the ends with glue. Glue to the base of the circle greeting.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Home Grown Paper Pack (link)
- Well Preserved Stamps (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card & envelope (link)
- Black cardstock (link)
- Plain white vellum (link)
- Black & white twine (link)
- 1 1/4” circle punch (link)
- Jet Black StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Vellum Glue Dots (link)
- Aleene’s Tacky Glue (link)
- Foam tape (link)
- Sanding block (link)