Designer Tips: I stamped the images by placing the left edge of the stamp and block on the bracelet, then slowly rolling the stamp from left to right. The images will not be complete, which adds to this artful look. Be sure to heat set the inks and let cool completely before stamping and embossing, so the surface is dry and not at all tacky. To help me decide on the placement of my stamped images, I cut a 1 1/2" strip of white paper and stamped images on it. When I wrapped the paper around the bracelet it was easy to see how the design would look.
- Use the cosmetic sponges to apply all four colors of ink to the bracelet, covering it in a random fashion and overlapping some areas. Heat set with the embossing heat tool. Allow the bracelet to cool, and make sure the ink is completely dry and not tacky. Place a stamp you wish to use on the acrylic block and ink it with VersaMark. Stamp onto the bracelet in a rolling fashion. Replace the stamp on the block with another stamp and repeat next to the first image on the bracelet. Sprinkle the stamped images with black super fine embossing powder and emboss with the heat tool. Stamp and emboss a few more images at a time around the bracelet to finish the design.
- Add more pearlescent inks over the images as desired and heat set. Ink the edges of the bracelet orchid, then use all four colors on the inside. Heat set with the embossing heat tool. Apply 3-D Crystal lacquer to the bracelet and let dry.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Artful Collection Stamp set (link)
- Black Super Fine embossing powder (link)
- acrylic block (link)
- VersaMark ink pad (link)
- Jewel Tone Brilliance Dew Drop ink pad 4 pk--Pearlescent colors: sky blue, orchid, purple, lavender (link)
- Unfinished wood bracelet (link)
- 3-D Crystal lacquer (link)
- 1/2"-1” flat paint brush
- cosmetic sponge wedges
- embossing heat tool