Designer's Tip: When adding the line stickers to the suede flowers, fold the excess over the edges to make it easy. When adding the thin line stickers to the buttons, thread the end through the first hole, then thread it through the next hole and trim—it’s easy to do this with the longer pieces rather than cutting a short one to start with.
- Ink the edges of the chipboard shape and cover the with tan text paper. Re-punch the holes at the top. Cut out an the scrollwork motif from the scroll bordered paper and glue it to the left side of the chipboard.
- Cut a 4”x1/2” Tan suede strip and glue across the paper, 2 1/4" from the top. Cut a 4”x3/4” strip of Moka suede and glue it across the Tan suede, 2 1/2" from the top, so a 1/4" border of the Tan suede is showing. Add gold Thin Lines Border Dazzles™ across the suede and around the outer edges of the chipboard.
- Mat the chipboard on Moka suede with a 1/4" border on sides and bottom, trimming evenly at the top. Re-punch the holes at the top, then add Thin Lines Dazzles™ around the outer edges of the suede. Mat again on diamond motif paper and re-punch the holes, then Mocha holographic ripple leaving a 1/8” border at sides and bottom on each. Re-punch the holes.
- Use a glue stick to lightly add a bit of glue to the back of your white monogram and anchor it to your work surface. Use the text border stamp, flower/swirl stamp, butterfly, and large floral cluster to stamp images on the monogram with Timber Brown ink. Let dry. Tie with 1/8” wide brown mesh ribbon. Foam tape centered over the Suede strips on the chipboard.
- Use the 3-D Lily flower design and the lily flower center design on the template to trace the shapes onto the back of the Tan suede with a pencil. Cut along the lines, including the center circle. Fold where indicated. With the right side of the paper facing you, glue the tab to the back of your flower to make it pop up. Wrap Thin Lines Dazzles™ around the large flower between the petals. Repeat for the small flower, then foam tape centered on the large flower. Thread Thin Lines Dazzles™ through a small button to finish it like thread. Trim the ends and Zot centered on the small flower. Foam tape the layered flowers to the front of the chipboard, overlapping the monogram as shown.
- Thread Thin Lines Dazzles™ through the remaining buttons to finish them. Zot the buttons to the left side of the chipboard piece, overlapping the Moka suede strip. Paint Gold Stickles over portions of the stamped images on the monogram—the wings and body of the futterfly and flower centers. Let dry.
- Thread the brown crepe ribbon through one of the holes at the top. Tie a knot in the end of the ribbon at the front of the hole. Thread the ribbon through the other hole and tie a knot at the front of the second hole. Hang on your wall from the ribbon.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 4”x6” pre-cut chipboard shape (link)
- Chocolate Monograms (link)
- Chocolate Papers Paper Pack (link)
- Tan Suede Paper (link)
- Moka Suede Paper (link)
- Mocha Holographic Ripple (link)
- Gold Thin Lines Dazzles™ (link)
- 3-D Flowers Template (link)
- Stickles Gold Glitter Glue (link)
- Artful Collection Stamp set (link)
- Acrylic block (link)
- Timber Brown StazOn® ink pad (link)
- Vacation Button Mix – dark orange, 3 small and 1 medium (link)
- Rich and Spicy Ribbon Set (link)
- Zots™ adhesive dots (link)
- glue stick (link)
- foam tape (link)
- 1/4" round punch (link)
- cosmetic sponge