- Only use the Cool Tool on a ceramic tile or other heatproof surface. Use caution, as it does get extremely hot. Always make sure the tool is cool to touch before changing tips.
- You can leave the Tex paper white or color it with chalks, sprays, sponges, or paint. I chose to color mine brown with a combination of Terra Cotta Walnut ink and Timber Brown Stazon applied with a makeup wedge.
- The Walnut ink takes awhile to dry on the Tex paper, so I helped it along with an embossing heat gun (just don’t get too close to the paper).
- With the fold on the top, cover the card with dark teal texture paper. Ink all edges with Timber Brown Stazon, using a makeup wedge.
- Cut a 4 3/4”x4” piece of Tex paper. Place the paper on a ceramic tile or other heatproof surface and place the metal stencil on top, near the right side of the paper. Tape in place with stencil tape.
- Put the wedge metal tip on the Cool Tool and plug it in to warm up. Once hot, trace the stencil (except for the moon and adjacent star) onto the Tex paper, leaving holes in the empty spaces. Remove the stencil and place the moon at the top left. Trace with the Cool Tool. Trace a few stars in the blank spaces. Remove the stencil and remove any leftover pieces of Tex paper.
- Place the piece on a craft sheet and spray liberally with Terra Cotta Walnut ink. Dab with a paper towel and let dry (you can help with a hair dryer or heat gun). Cover the piece with Timber Brown Stazon, applying the ink with a makeup wedge until the color is a nice deep brown.
- Cut a 5”x4 1/4” piece of white cardstock and ink all over with Copper Stazon. After drying, mat the brown stenciled piece on top of the copper. Glue to card 3/8” from the left and top.
- Apply a length of Zips across the top right corner of the card. Tie a bow with sheer orange ribbon and adhere to the Zips as shown. Punch a circle from white cardstock and print “Happy Harvest!” on it. Ink the edges with Copper Stazon using a makeup wedge, and glue to card 1/8” from the right and 1 1/2” from the top.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- 5”x6 1/2” blank white card
- Tex Paper
- Cool Tool
- Ceramic tile or heatproof surface big enough for the stencil
- Harvest metal stencil
- Stencil tape
- Earth’s Palette Cardmakers Creative Pack
- Soft Nostalgia Ribbons
- Metallic Copper Stazon
- Terra Cotta Walnut Ink
- Timber Brown Stazon
- White cardstock
- 1 11/16” circle punch
- Makeup wedges