Designer's Tip: Just a little chalk adds pretty color to the white resin wreath making a beautiful focal for this binder. Back the wreath with patterned paper, then “mat” it on contrasting patterned paper. Trim the shank from the back of the large button for a pretty center on the metal flower.
- Ink the entire outside of the binder plus edges with black ink and let dry. Cut a 4 3/4"x7” black/white flourish paper and round the right corners with the Corner Chomper.
- Cut a 4 1/2"x6 5/8” yellow/grey flourish paper and round both right corners. Glue the corners only to the black/white paper, centered even with the left side. Cut a 5/8" wide strip from the border artwork paper and glue even with the left side. Wrap the paper with a 5 1/2" length of yellow crepe ribbon and vine ribbon, 1" from the bottom. Glue across the paper, then tuck the right end beneath the yellow/grey paper and glue in place. Glue the left end to the back. Glue all edges in place, then glue the paper centered on the inked binder.
- For the resin wreath, apply yellow chalk to the inner opening and edge flourishes. Back the wreath with yellow/white flourish paper, then “mat” on black/white paper. Place the “Grandmother” Dazzles™ centered within the wreath. Take remaining yellow crepe ribbon and tie a bow. Trim tails and Zot at the top of the wreath.
- Use the wire cutters to remove the shank from the back of the large black/metal button, then Zot it centered on a metal flower. Zot the flower over the left side of the ribbon across the bottom of the binder.
Supplies: (Find these supplies and more at www.paperwishes.com)
- Tall Sarabinder (link)
- Sunshine & Shadows Paper Pack (link)
- Fresh Cut Ribbon Set (link)
- Family and Friends Dazzles™ (link)
- Resin Chiswick Frame (link)
- Antique Chic Metal Flowers (link)
- Jewel Large button (link)
- Jewel Pearlescent Chalk set – Yellow chalk (link)
- StazOn® Jet Black ink pad (link)
- Zots™ Adhesive Dots (link)
- Corner Chomper (link)
- wire cutters