Click to view a larger image
- Cut a 8 1/4"x5 1/8" wide piece of Peacock Red paper and attach it to the upper left corner of a 12"x12" sheet of white cardstock. Mat a 5"x5" photo on black cardstock, leaving very thin (less than 1/16") border on the top, right and bottom. Attach at the bottom of the red rectangle, keeping the borderless edge flush with the edge of the page.
- Punch out white "G" and "R" monograms and attach centered on red paper above the photo and towards the right. Punch out large "O" and "W" monograms and cover with Peacock Red paper. Attach on the white paper to the right of "G-R."
- Cut a 3 1/4" strip of Peacock Blue paper. Attach it in the lower left corner of the paper. Using the Stamped Stitches stamps, stamp a dotted border across the page, in the white space between the red and blue papers.
- Trim a 2" wide strip of stripes paper and ink the left edge. Attach along the right edge of the page. Mat a 5" square photo on Peacock Blue paper, leaving 1/8" border on the left, top and right. Then mat on black cardstock, leaving very thin (less than 1/16") border on three sides. Attach the photo in the lower right of the page, with the borderless edge flush against the bottom edge of the page.
- Stamp a name in black ink below the monograms at the top of the page, using the ABC stamps. Journal on white paper then ink the edges of the journaling black. Attach one piece on the blue strip, flush against the edge of the matted photo. Attach the other in the white space, flush against the edge of the striped strip.
- Trace the Rose pattern, using the Fold-it Swirls template, on the back of the Red Peacock paper three times. Cut out the shapes and crease along the fold lines. With the pattern-side up, ink the edges of the petals white. The best way to do this is to use a cotton swab to dab the ink along the edges. You may need to apply more than one coat to make it show. Once the ink has been applied fold the petals inward, working clockwise, and tucking last two petals under the first. Attach to the page with standard white brads at the flower centers to complete. Ink the edges of the page black.